Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Eurex quotes
Author Topic: Eurex quotes (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 03:15 AM          Msg. 1 of 11
All my Eurex quotes are currently lagging IB feed in excess of 1 minute. Just started happening after 4am EST. Anyone else seeing this?

MK

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 03:27 AM          Msg. 2 of 11
Whatever it was seems resolved. Lasted 15-20 mins. IB feed and DTN feed are back in sync.

MK

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 05:01 AM          Msg. 3 of 11
Doing it again, lagging IB feed by about a minute.

*edit*
seemed to fix itself again after doing this for a couple minutes. Whats going on guys? I'm not able to trust my charts tonight now.
Edited by midknight on Nov 10, 2006 at 05:03 AM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 05:10 AM          Msg. 4 of 11
mk,

The only thing I can think of that may be causing something like this is if we have a rogue server out there. If it were a feed issue, we would have more people complaining. Please check the IQ Connnection manager and let us know what IP address you are connected to. Then, shut down IQFeed, and start it back up again. Hopefully you will be connecdted to a different server and won't experience this problem again.

Also, can you tell me what you are comparing to determine that you are 1 minute behind? Obviously, that is an aweful long time, and is very rare for a queue to build up that long overnight. I need to know if it truly is a full 1 minute, and if you are looking at a timestamp to determine this, or someother piece of information.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 05:20 AM          Msg. 5 of 11
Morning Jay,

Here is what the IP says in IQ feed connection manager

As for the time of delay...at the initial post it it was very long. I'm watching the book with IB feed and was strictly based on how far out of whack my charts where with IB feed. As the stoxx was making new daily highs, i could see iqfeed was still stuck down below - it was like deja vu.

I'll restart iqfeed and see what happens. Has been fine all day up until that time when I first posted this.

MK

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 05:25 AM          Msg. 6 of 11
restarted twice and still got the same server - any other trick? I'll keep monitoring for the problem to see if it shows up again...

MK

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 05:31 AM          Msg. 7 of 11
I am checking with our OPS group, but if you continue to get that server, it must be the least loaded. We may need to take it out of production to keep users from connecting to it.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 11:02 AM          Msg. 8 of 11
MK,

We are still checking through our systems to see if we can find any points of delay. We haven't been able to identify any issues within the IQ servers or any bandwidth issues that would be causing this. We are now working back through to the exchange to see if they had any issues that may have caused this. Again, the odd thing is we haven't heard from anyone else regarding similar issues, but we will continue to see if we can find what was causing this for you.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 10, 2006 06:21 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
Thanks Jay. I didn't noticed any more problems since I restarted IQFeed. Maybe it couldn't have been a problem at the exchange because IB Feed was fine? I have not seen this before so maybe it was something to do with the planetary alignments or something . Will update if I ever see this again but for now I'm calling it a freak of nature. As you said, no one else has reported it, maybe my IQFeed connection manager went haywire or something and affected me locally.

Thanks again.

MK

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 13, 2006 09:12 AM          Msg. 10 of 11
Right now your quotes are out of whack again, on 66.112.148.222 - way out of whack, has been for the last 5 mins. Going to restart.

This problem was never happening until i started this thread so something has changed. My IQFeed is the same and my charting is the same as of the past month

MK

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 13, 2006 09:20 AM          Msg. 11 of 11
Restarted IQFeed and it put me on this server 66.112.148.221

Things seem fine again for now. Something has changed somewhere because this is a new experience me having to restart IQFeed to get rid of lag.

MK

Time: Fri September 6, 2024 1:20 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003