Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Wish List »Streaming history
Author Topic: Streaming history (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Alyuda
-Interested User-

Alyuda

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 06:55 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
It would be great to have the possibility to get streaming updates at specified intervals (i.e. 1 min). The main idea is that data should have the format of history update - all I need is OHLCV values at the end of the period and right now I have to catch time sync events and manually decide when to poll new history update or get streaming tick data and analyze and compress it myself. The feature I suggest would be very convenient. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Alyuda on Aug 20, 2004 at 06:57 AM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 1, 2004 08:29 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
this is on our list for upcoming versions of IQFeed.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

newt
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 11, 2005 01:14 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Hello Jay:

I am trying to get intraday quotes at timed intervals on a list of stocks with different fields. I'd like to get a screenshot of the quotesheet on these stocks at timed intervals to go into a text file
will need a scheduler to issue .exe command and save the data into a file on a directory for analysis. I'd like to know what the actual setup could be like. (a tutorial could ne nice and/or a detailed example, I am new to this stuff), dont know what the difference is between streaming data and capturing data like a screen shot.

is Dynastore the way to go or one of your products.

I see that you have fields for shares outstanding and percent of institutional holding but dont see a field for insider holdind or of float? (is there a field like that that I missed).

Thanks

signature

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 11, 2005 10:32 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
We don't currently have insider holdings or float data available.

I am not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do, so if I give an incorrect response, I appologize. It sounds like you are looking to take a watch list, and save the data contained in a watch list (a list of symbols with a list of fields) at times throughout the day?? There is no way to set the watch list to automatically do this, however, we do have an export function which will take the current data in a watch list and export it to a file. This sounds like it is what you want, only you want to automate it to do this on a timed schedule. There are quite a few programs available that will build MACROS. I would suggest searching the net (maybe someone will chime in here with something they have used) for windows macro software. Then, you should be able to record a macro which will go through the mouse and key movements required to export a watch list. I have never tried this, but it should be possible. Another option would be to use the DDE links and write a macro in Microsoft Excel to save the data to a file.

Hopefully these suggestions will get you going!

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 11:09 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003