Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »How many people are frustrated by DTN IQfeed lately?
Author Topic: How many people are frustrated by DTN IQfeed lately? (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jul 30, 2007 11:22 PM          Msg. 1 of 9
I am just curious. How many people are frustrated by DTN lately, since they rolled out new servers? Is it just me?

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jul 31, 2007 04:21 PM          Msg. 2 of 9
Haven't run into any showstopper problems lately, but plenty of things make me cautious. (Apparently overloaded servers, timeouts, the surprise news that one farm is currently maintaining only 4 days of tick data instead of 8, etc.) And of course I've seen the reports here of the glitches that other people have encountered.

I've had some tick history data returned out-of-order a few times in the past two weeks, but the problem might be in my code, so pending further investigation I haven't made a formal bug report. Just thought I'd mention it here in case you (or anyone else) has also noticed it.

The fundamental concerns for me are that the transition to the new software has taken so long yet still had so many problems, and allegedly there's no provision for versioning so that future upgrades could go more smoothly. I would feel better about the current situation if I knew that lessons had been learned from it.

Allen

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jul 31, 2007 04:21 PM          Msg. 3 of 9
Ok, it just me then. Another question, how many are using DTN IQFeed to trade options?

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jul 31, 2007 06:41 PM          Msg. 4 of 9
No wmillows, I don't think it is just you. I've been regularly voicing my issues on the forum and they don't need repeating here. But you are certainly not alone with frustrations.

Best regards,
MK

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 1, 2007 07:29 AM          Msg. 5 of 9
I trade equity options, use the watchlists, Time&Sales, option chains.

VERY unhappy, have bogged down/stopped several times over last couple of weeks,
most commonly several minutes before the closing bell. Has really hosed me up some.

Happened yesterday, kept me from balancing my positions going into today's likely
downward action, so gonna lost $$$ today.

Already lost ~$2k 'cause of this crap.

Started looking for a WORKABLE quote feed service...anyone have suggestions?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Aug 1, 2007 08:45 AM          Msg. 6 of 9
We continue to have a few issues that are affecting various servers at various times. Unfortunately, this problem appears to be a slow memory leak related either to certain customer activity, or a bug/flaw that only uncovers itself periodically. We have all of our engineering and operations staff dedicated to cleaning this up and returning our entire system to the reliable level it was prior to the release of the new servers.

Unfortunately, last week was, by far, a record week for market volumes. Because of this, the old servers which are still online weren't able to keep up. Thus, we have new server code with periodic problems, and old servers that show delays during busy markets.

In the past week we ordered an additional 20 servers to keep up with market volumes as well as increasing customers. Half of these have been installed, and the rest are scheduled to be installed this week.

Assuming we can find these last couple bugs in the new server code, it will be released to the remainder of the servers this weekend.

Your frustrations are warranted and aren't being taken lightly. While I understand it doesn't make the situation for you any easier, I can assure you we have 100% of our attention on these issues.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

conr
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 1, 2007 02:47 PM          Msg. 7 of 9
This has been all day.

File Attached: ACFBE67.jpg (downloaded 1542 times)

conr
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 1, 2007 02:48 PM          Msg. 8 of 9
Here's another.

File Attached: Screenshot - 8_1_2007 , 2_00_17 PM.jpg (downloaded 1372 times)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 1, 2007 03:17 PM          Msg. 9 of 9
http://forums.dtniq.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=1740

my post on today's activity for myself...not good...

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 4:06 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003