Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTNIQ Client Software Wish List »Trendline Alerts wish
Author Topic: Trendline Alerts wish (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Linda Lagana
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 17, 2004 01:40 PM          Msg. 1 of 2
I'm shopping for a new charting service. I'd really like to be able to draw a trendline on a chart that will trigger an alert once crossed regardless of how long ago I drew the line. I'd like this trendline alert to trigger and audible and visual alert, even if I'm not actually viewing the chart. Also the alert trendline should show up across multiple time frames.

I'm looking to liberate myself from having to monitor my watchlist constantly during the trading day in hopes of actually getting in on trades as breakouts occur. I miss more trades than I catch. I'll find the potential trades, but I want the computer to do the "watching" for me. Most charting packages offer price alerts but trendline alerts have the advantage over price alerts in that they dynamically adjust with the slope of the trendline. And it would be so much more immediate to just draw a line on a chart to set an alert than to have to set price alerts manually, outside of the chart area of the program.

DTN.IQ looks like a great program. Is there any chance I can persuade the programming staff at DTN.IQ to incorporate trendline alerts into your charting program? If you can do this, I'm sure to have several subscribers for you, myself included! I'm not beneath begging for this tool!!!! :-)

Linda Lagana

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Dec 17, 2004 01:57 PM          Msg. 2 of 2
Linda,

This is part of the functionality we have slated for an upgrade to our charting component of DTN.IQ. However, it is still a few months away. I do believe this functionality is available in a few of the products compatible with our feed however. I would suggest looking at some of the compatible software listed at www.iqfeed.net. With this, you should be able to find a client software package that will fit your needs, while still getting the high quality and affordable datafeed we provide.

Thanks for your interest in DTN.IQ!

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 11:27 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003