Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Unstable connection to IQFeed from .NET
Author Topic: Unstable connection to IQFeed from .NET (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AlexBellrock
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 1, 2005 05:00 AM          Msg. 1 of 13
I am a developer at Bellrock Capital and am getting started with the IQFeed API for DotNet.

I am having trouble running the two example DotNet applications (csharplevel1com and vbdotnetlevel1com). In both cases, a connection box comes up to connect to IQFeed, but then no data comes back when making requests through these applications.

I have found the workaround is to use another one of the example tools first (e.g. IQExplorer / VC++ examples) which connect successfully and launch the IQ Connection Manager in my system tray - then when I run the DotNet applications, I get the initial error "A client application already exists with that name", after which everything seems to work.

How can I get the DotNet examples to work independently without loading up these other tools first?

Our product name is as sent to us in your e-mail, together with a version of "1.0" and a key of "1.0" - please let me know if these values are correct?

AlexBellrock
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 2, 2005 05:37 AM          Msg. 2 of 13
An update on this question after some further research ...

I can still only connect using DotNet if I have established a connection first using one of the example tools - otherwise the IQ Connection Manager is created temporarily in my system tray and then immediately disappears, resulting in errors.

I have also found that disconnections are only successful if I connect using product name IQFEED_DEMO. However, if I connect using our own product name, then disconnections fail ("clients connected" do not drop in IQ Connection Manager and no system disconnect messages are received). The only way to successfully terminate the IQFeed connection here is to terminate my process.

Please can you confirm how I can connect / disconnect in a more reliable manner and what connection parameters (name, version and key) I should use?

Thanks,

Alex.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Feb 2, 2005 11:05 AM          Msg. 3 of 13
Alex,

The issue that you are seeing where IQConnection Manager is temporarily created in your systray and then disappears is an issue with the IQFeedY active X control. The .NET examples currently use this control, which is why you are seeing the issue. We are currently working to fix this issue.

If you try to run the samples that do not use IQFeedY, you will be able to connect fine. Also, the product name of IQFEED_DEMO is meant for you to use to initially get the apps running. Than, you need to replace it with you product name. Version and Key can always be 1.

Thanks!

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

AlexBellrock
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 3, 2005 03:51 AM          Msg. 4 of 13
Thanks for your response.

Please can you let me know :
- Is there a DotNet alternative to using the IQFeedY ActiveX control?
- Do you have an expected date for the IQFeedY ActiveX control to be fixed to prevent the IQConnection Manager closing?

Alex.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Feb 3, 2005 10:57 AM          Msg. 5 of 13
Alex,

- Is there a DotNet alternative to using the IQFeedY ActiveX control?
Yes, you can use sockets. We do not currently have an example app for this.

- Do you have an expected date for the IQFeedY ActiveX control to be fixed to prevent the IQConnection Manager closing?
No, I do not have a date. We are hoping to have it in BETA in the next month or so.

Thanks!

AlexBellrock
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 4, 2005 05:01 AM          Msg. 6 of 13
Thanks - I'll hold out for the fix for the COM version.

Alex.

shimo152
-Interested User-

Failure is not quite as frighteing as regret.

Posted: Mar 1, 2005 06:33 PM          Msg. 7 of 13
I am having the same problem with ActiveX and DotNet
Any update on the expected date for the fix?
Thanks

Shimon Dekel

LonnieS
-King of IQ Development-

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 03:26 PM          Msg. 8 of 13
We addressed some additional issues that were found by developers in this release and that has extended the development and testing. We expect it to be released by end of this month (March).

Lonnie Shumate
Development Manager, IQ Systems
DTN Market ACCESS

JohnnyW
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 13, 2005 11:27 AM          Msg. 9 of 13
I'm having the same problem, although only on a machine running WinXP Pro, not on one running Win2000 Pro.

Thanks to AlexBellrock for the workaround.

Any update to the release date? It would be good to get this sorted out.

Edited by JohnnyW on Apr 13, 2005 at 12:27 PM

JohnnyW
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 18, 2005 08:31 AM          Msg. 10 of 13
Guys, any response on this please?

Thanks.

AlexBellrock
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 19, 2005 08:21 AM          Msg. 11 of 13
No update from my side - we are still making do with the workaround here, but would be very interested to use the fix once available ...

Alex.

AlexBellrock
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 6, 2005 03:10 AM          Msg. 12 of 13
Another update from myself (original poster).

This issue now appears to be resolved since updating to the new version of IQFeed 2.3.0.3 (beta).

Thanks,

Alex.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Jun 6, 2005 10:03 AM          Msg. 13 of 13
Thanks for posting!

Natalie

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 10:09 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003