Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »NEW IQFEED FORUMS »New IQFeed Forum »Trying to download historical data
Author Topic: Trying to download historical data (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mdizengoff
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 03:24 PM          Msg. 1 of 2
Hello
I'm trying to download historical data in CSV format. Before I signed up, I was told by tech support this was possible through the "Time and Sales" section.

I've had no luck.

First, I tried connecting through the Mac platform. I couldn't get the IQFeed platform to log even log in to the server.

Eventually I gave up and switched to an old Windows machine we had in the basement. I can log in, but I can't get any of the data to populate.

To be clear, I have no need for real time streaming data, and I'm not using a charting platform with IQFeed.

What am I missing? My entire afternoon has been spent trying to get this data solution to work.

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 05:08 PM          Msg. 2 of 2
Open Time and Sales Application under the IQ Applications icon. This will automatically launch the IQ Client Connection Window.

Now left click on settings on the Time and Sales application. Select the "Data Type" and your "Load Data Options".

Please keep in mind trial accounts do have limitations to historical data.

*Trial Accounts have access to 4 calendar days of tick and minute data and 365 daily bars.*

You will enter your symbol in the space provided in the upper left hand corner of the Time and Sales window and hit enter. Data should fill in the Time and Sales window per your request.

Please click on SAVE in the Time and Sales window. You will be presented with CSV Options. I would advise checking the box "Include Column Names" Left click on Okay and you will be able to decide where you would like to save the CSV File.

At this point most Windows computers will be able to simply left click on the file and it will be opened by EXCEL.
If this does not work you may need to right click on the file and choose "Open With" and select EXCEL.

Stephen Shockey | DTN | Trading Customer Service Technical Support
Phone: 800.779.7299 | International 402.255.3918
stephen.shockey@dtn.com
www.dtn.com

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 11:07 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003