Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Problem+solution connecting to an IQFeed port (already in use)
Author Topic: Problem+solution connecting to an IQFeed port (already in use) (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)

altmany
-Interested User-

IQML - IQFeed-MATLAB connector

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 05:11 PM          Msg. 1 of 1
Today I spent a few frustrating hours trying to debug a problem when connecting to the Lookup port (for historic data) on a specific machine. For the benefit of others who may encounter a similar problem and search this forum, here's a breakdown of the problem, causes, analysis and solution:

TL/DR: When any other application on the computer uses one of IQFeed's ports, it cannot be used in IQFeed. Solution: either remove the other application, or change IQFeed's default port assignment to some unused port.

Symptoms:
  • Historic data failed to download, displaying errors about invalid data arriving on the Lookup port.
  • The IQConnect.txt file did not display any connection message to the Lookup port (only to other ports).
  • The Diagnostic utility was unable to listen to the Lookup port in the <Port Tester> tab, displaying an error message that "The specified address is already in use."

Diagnosis:
Open DOS Command Window (run as administrator) and run the following command:
netstat -abon

This will display all the active ports and the processes that hold them. For example, in my particular case the relevant line was this:
[lghub_agent.exe]
TCP 127.0.0.1:9100 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2312

This tells us that the culprit is the lghub_agent.exe process (part of Logitec's G-Hub application), process ID=2312

Solutions:
  • Uninstall or disable the problematic other application
  • Configure the other application to use a different port (this is often not possible, but sometimes is)
  • Modify IQFeed's default port to use a different port number that is unused. For example, in the case of the Lookup port, the port number is stored in the registry key
    \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DTN\IQFeed\Startup\LookupPort
    which you can modify using the Windows builtin regedit utility.

I hope this helps someone...

Yair Altman
IQML - IQFeed-MATLAB connector
https://UndocumentedMatlab.com/IQML

I am not a DTN employee; my post reflects my personal opinion

Edited by altmany on Apr 10, 2019 at 05:12 PM

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 9:55 PM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003