Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »No Forex Prices
Author Topic: No Forex Prices (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

matthewklein
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2005 07:23 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
For the second Sunday in a row (and perhaps the eighth in the last half year), Forex quotes simply disappear on late Sunday night/early Monday morning. As I write this (Monday 8:20 AM, Eastern time) they are still "down."

No data is returned when I try to watch a forex symbol (I get bid and ask of 0.0000). When I try to request historical data (minute, daily, whatever) I am told: "Unable to load historical data file."

All other kinds of symbols (non-forex) work fine. Later in the day, Forex will return (it always does) without explanation, and without my changing my software.

I have written about this before, but never gotten a staisfactory resolution. Can someone from DTN *please* look into this for me? I am using IQConnect Version: 3.5.0.5, Mercury Version 2.51.4.

Matthew

Matthew Klein

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 25, 2005 07:52 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Forex per se is not down. The barclays feed is down currently. This is an issue at our source, and we are talking to them to get it resolved. The HotSpotFXi Forex feed is fully operational.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

matthewklein
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2005 08:10 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Jay:

Thanks for the fast response. At the risk of sounding like a difficult customer, I'd like to say a few things in response.

(1) Since Barclays provides one set of forex quotes, and Hotspot another -- it's not really helpful to say that forex quotes are not down per se. For the quotes I need, they are down. There is no alternative to Barclays. I'm not sure what I am expected to do.

(2) Most important: this happens all the time. It seems to happen on Sunday night/Monday morning usually, but not always. Sometimes it happens late at night during the week. We're not talking about once every year (the kind of frequency one would find acceptable from a quote vendor). We're talking many times each month. How can a person trade, and put money at stake, when quotes just "disappear" for long periods of time? It's crazy.

(3) Forgive me, again, but it seems like there is no recognition from DTN that this is a serious problem. I've noted this problem several times via email to DTN, and basically I get the response that I am doing something wrong.

(4) Is there any plan to resolve this? I'm a technical person. Can you give me some more technical details about the nature of your problem? What do you mean, concretely, when you say Barclays is "down?" Did someone at DTN accidentally kick an Ethernet cable out of a switch? Did a dedicated Barclays server at DTN facilities crash? Does Barclays simply stop transmitting quotes to *all its resellers*? Based on the answer to this question, perhaps you can tell me what sort of plan DTN has to make this happen less frequently in the future? One possible answer is to jettison Barclays, and go somewhere else. I guess I'm looking for a little comfort that someone at DTN recognizes this is a really serious problem and that there is some sort of plan to solve it.

(5) A minor thing, but: can you please create some sort of "status" page on the web? If you know Barclays quotes are down, why not have an easily-accessible page that says so, and that reports on the status of various feeds?

I apologize if my frustration is showing, but it seems like this problem never goes away. My fantasy, I suppose, is that someone from DTN reads this post, and says, "Yes it is a problem, and here is what we plan to do to solve it...."

Matthew

Matthew Klein

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 25, 2005 08:18 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Matthew,

We take any and all outages seriously. In the case of 3rd party provided content, some things are out of our control. If the CME stops sending us data, unfortunately, we cannot get it to you. Luckily, that happens very rarely. In the case of Barclays, they obviously don't have the same infrastructure, and thus, we seem to have more issues with their feed.

We are indeed looking at some other forex feeds. We already have one other available (HotSpot).

As for the status page, we have one available at http://www.dtniq.com/product/motd/motd2.cfm. Click on the RED ball at the top to see the notice regarding Barclays.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Mon May 6, 2024 1:56 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003