Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: tccharleton
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 14, 2020 11:44 AM
Interests:
Reluctant but dedicated nerd.
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
tccharleton has contributed to 25 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.12%) in 3,431 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed API Questions » Most recent API Docs Dec 14, 2020 11:44 AM (Total replies: 1)

I had a project back in 2016 where I worked with the api. I was hoping to get the documentation for the most recent api before I have to pay all the fees, etc. so that I can understand what work will be required to bring the code up to date with the latest api.

Is there anywhere I can download the latest docs?

Check out the thread below. I had a similar problem and I found a solution. It may not work but it might be related.

http://forums.dtn.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=4195

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the terrible syntax in my previous post. I obviously didn't review it before I hit the button. Seriously, I am glad that it helped you despite my language problems.

Sorry for the delayed update but I wanted to make sure it worked before posting anything here that might help someone in the future.

The problem I had was related to the standard Wine packages that were available to the Ubuntu image that I was using on Amazon AWS. I has nothing to do with it being From AWS but rather the Wine version that was installed when I executed the apt-get install on the particular image. In addition, some wine packages were still present after uninstalling Wine. Therefore I did the following and it worked for me:

Run the following command in the terminal:

sudo apt-get purge wine* (caution - this will remove ALL Wine components)

Follow the instructions in the InstallingWineHQ Packages section of the link below:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

Reinstall the latest release of the IQFeed software.

Good Luck!

I have worked on this all day and I think I may have discovered the issue. However, I want to make sure it works before I share the info.

Changed the file suffix to txt in order for it to be accepted on the post

Copy of the registry for the server.

JPG version of screenshot.

The issue I see with the 5.2 install is that the install hangs for a long time at the point shown in the attached screenshot.

The line Executre: "vcredist_x86_2012u4.exe" /promptrestart /passive indicates that the IQFeed install routine is attempting to run the vcre install with some kind of silent or whatever option set. (I don't know enough about the command line options for the vcre install to accurately determine what the IQFeed install routine is attempting) However, it hangs there for 1+ minutes and then indicates that it has completed the install but I cannot tell if it is just timing out. I only suspect this being a problem because I do not get this issue outside of Wine.

I removed the 5.1.x artifacts and did a fresh install of the 5.2.x client. Following this install (and reboot to be safe) I am unable to launch any of the IQF applications despite other Wine applications running normally. This is why I have been using the 5.1.x client because I simply could not get the 5.2.x client to do anything. In fact, I cannot get it to create any DTN/IQFeed log files which leads me to guess the underlying vcre never installed properly. However, not having much time to diagnose the problem, I had to move on with the 5.1.x client in place.

I am attaching more files on subsequent replies.

Additional File Attachment

Additional file attachment

Additional file attachment.

I have been running IQFeed version 5.1.x.x on Amazon AWS/ Ubuntu 14.04 and Wine. (FYI - I was unable to install version 5.2.x.x due to the reboot flag at the end of the installation routine causing Ubuntu a problem.)

Everything works great for about 24 hours then I get a crash. I have tried to troubleshoot it to no avail. I have attached the crash dumps/logs with the hope you can see what I am missing.

Many Thanks,

IQFeed Developer Support » Level1Fields for Protocol 5.2 Mar 11, 2016 12:14 PM (Total replies: 4)

Tim,

Your check enabled me to find an upstream switch statement that I did not have falling-through properly.

Many Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » Level1Fields for Protocol 5.2 Mar 10, 2016 02:17 PM (Total replies: 4)

I was trying to save you having to read a few lines. Attached contains the setDefaultFieldsProtocol5_1 method (which works) and the setDefaultFieldsProtocol5_2 method which does not work.

IQFeed Developer Support » Level1Fields for Protocol 5.2 Mar 10, 2016 01:50 PM (Total replies: 4)

I cannot seem to find what is wrong with my field request string for Level1Fields under protocol 5.2. I know there is something I am missing but I can't find it. Can you please verify that this request string includes valid fields?

Many Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » Listed Market Open Close Times Available? Dec 17, 2015 09:03 AM (Total replies: 1)

I wanted to know if there is a lookup for market open-close for a listed market by date? Since I am creating my own aggregates based on quotes, I need to roll a quote forward in time if no new quote message has been received. However, I need to know at what point would a listed market be closed in total for that particular day.

I already perform the lookup/conversion for:

Symbol->ListedMarket

AND/OR

IQFLevel1UpdateMessageTime->MillisSinceEpoch->DaysSinceEpoch/LocalDate/DayOfWeek/DayOfMonth/etc

I looked at the market open flag but couldn't determine if that was in use and for what, if any sessions beyond the regular. I have done this kind of thing before using both manual and regular updates with other data feed providers. However, I wanted to see what, if anything, is available before I begin construction on this phase.

Many Thanks!

I was missing setting the protocol version on the various services. I was only setting it on the Admin service. I am going to prune the number of fields. I was just unable to see what they contained.

Many Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » Cannot Connect via API Dec 1, 2015 09:28 AM (Total replies: 1)

Please disregard this post. There was an issue with my API service not auto-renewing.

IQFeed Developer Support » Cannot Connect via API Dec 1, 2015 08:56 AM (Total replies: 1)

This morning I started receiving the following message when launching iqconnect.exe from my code (as I have done many times).

I can log-in outside of my code but not launch from within it.

Sorry, your Product and/or Service for the attempted login are incorrect. If you have recently changed products you may also need to change your type of service. Please contact DTN customer support for assistance. (1)

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 2:57 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003