Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Tim Walter
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 23, 2017 11:03 AM
Interests:
Email: tim.walter@dtn.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Tim Walter has contributed to 1014 posts out of 17947 total posts (5.65%) in 4,082 days (0.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 11:03 AM (Total replies: 10)

Your certainly welcome. Glad we could track it down. Best of luck.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 11:00 AM (Total replies: 10)

As many apps as you like can use your product ID. But, you will require two user IDs for this scenario. Exchange agreements do not allow for any single user ID to be able to access data in multiple places at the same time. So just contact our sales team and they can help set that up for you.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Jun 23, 2017 at 11:01 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 10:14 AM (Total replies: 10)

It appears you are logging in on two separate machines and the second is bumping off the first.

If you are not doing this, just let us know and we will reset your password.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 09:45 AM (Total replies: 10)

If that is what is happening, it would be a bug that we would need to look at. But, if you can send me the log I can verify what is happening and try to re-create it. Without that, anything I could say would be a guess at best.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 08:05 AM (Total replies: 10)

Good morning,

The best thing that we could do to start debugging, is after the next disconnection, is to email us your log file from the Documents\DTN\IQFeed folder (before you restart). If you need any help with this just let us know.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » bar data questions Jun 16, 2017 08:06 AM (Total replies: 2)

Good morning,

Unfortunately, the answer to both questions would be no. You would have to build the mid from the high + low/2 to get a mid and then adjust the timestamps by subtracting the interval to have them be begin times.

Sorry, I could not be of more help,

Tim

Data and Content Support » Market symbols zip file seems to be corrupted Jun 6, 2017 08:07 AM (Total replies: 2)

Good morning, that file was automatically re-created at 4:30 this morning. Could you please try to re-pull the file? It seems to be working correctly now.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Jun 6, 2017 at 08:08 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Different percent held by institutions stats Jun 5, 2017 11:23 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

I was able to confirm that I see the differences, so we will investigate that and let you know the results.

Tim

Good morning,

It appears that you are not setting your protocol for the connection correctly. There are details on how to do this available here, https://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/IQFeedProtocols.cfm, you will need to use the latest protocol in order to receive microsecond data.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments May 22, 2017 08:02 AM (Total replies: 26)

Hello,

It is a project we continue to work on and have completed several pieces of, but there are challenges, as you know, to unraveling our data to an un-adjusted state and I don't have an ETA on when those steps will be completed.

Tim

Data and Content Support » minute bars from tick data May 18, 2017 08:11 AM (Total replies: 9)

Nope, but you can edit it. :)

Data and Content Support » minute bars from tick data May 17, 2017 10:51 AM (Total replies: 9)

I found this link which look like it matches what you want.

https://www.nyse.com/publicdocs/ctaplan/notifications/trader-update/cts_output_spec.pdf

I do not have a full listing of these.

We would use the consolidated.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Delisted Stocks May 17, 2017 08:09 AM (Total replies: 7)

Just to elaborate further on our process in regards to the history of deleted symbols.

We generally do not delete any history unless a symbol is re-used or moved to a new symbol. Once it has, the old data is no longer available from our system.

So, if you know the symbol to look for it should be there if it has not been re-used, but as Mark mentioned, we do not have a lookup for these expired symbols, so you would need to know the symbol to have a chance of finding the data.

Tim

Data and Content Support » minute bars from tick data May 17, 2017 07:53 AM (Total replies: 9)

Good morning,

You are correct in regards to minute bars.

Last qualified flags are determined by using the exchange specifications. Each exchange is different, so you would need to look at feed specifications for each one to know them all, but here is the Nasdaq one for you to peruse.

http://www.utpplan.com/DOC/utdfspecification.pdf

Just search the document for Trade Condition or section 7.5.1.1 and you should be able to find within that matrix.

Tim

Hello,

A, is likely due to not setting your protocol. Make sure that for each socket that you create you are setting your protocol to 5.2. and then the documentation will match and make more sense.

B, this is a guess, but IQFeed will close after 5 seconds if no client is connected, so you will need to restart the app when this event occurs.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Can't Connect via iqconnect.exe May 4, 2017 08:39 AM (Total replies: 9)

Can you email me the command line you are sending with all of the parameters used and I will be happy to try and replicate the issue?

Tim

Data and Content Support » Can't Connect via iqconnect.exe May 3, 2017 07:21 AM (Total replies: 9)

Good morning,

In order to use the API you would need to have a valid product code. Assuming you have one, the information you need can be accessed at http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/InitializingTheFeed.cfm

If not, our sales team can help get you setup today so that you have access to all of documentation and I can further support you via chat and email as well.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical OHLC bars for quotes (bid/ask)? May 1, 2017 10:10 AM (Total replies: 5)

NxCore is a streaming service that would have this. But, I believe sales can provide data on a one time basis aside from that. If you contact sales and ask for Jerry, I am sure he can explain the options better than I.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » IQConnect disconnect behavior May 1, 2017 08:29 AM (Total replies: 5)

I actually don't recall the last full outage we had, I started 11 years ago, so I asked if anyone remembered one and someone said it was 16 yrs ago that we had our last outage where we we had 0 data in, 0 data out. But, that was before we had our own ticker plant, so it doesn't have any relevance to today.

We have always said we maintain a 99.9% up time, but I am sure we exceed that, even at an individual exchange or server level. Of course, there could be street maintenance somewhere that cuts a fiber line, but that would impact only that given exchange and only affect one server center as major exchanges have multiple feed inputs and we would just redirect users to good servers during such an event.

We have times where we roll out updates over the weekend which could result in us having to rollback. That might happen a couple times a year. but we stagger our releases, so all systems are not affected by any one update. We also have engineered many of our systems so that they can be updated without ever bringing anything down or losing data, so an event like this may be invisible to you.

So yes, things happen, but I would say this is one area we really excel at and will continue to focus on as the product evolves. Sorry for the late reply, but hopefully this helps answer the questions.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Odd Updates On SCOR Apr 25, 2017 02:03 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, consecutive delimiters are a normal part of the feed, also having no bid or ask available at any given time is also a valid condition.

Tim

Time: Tue June 27, 2017 5:22 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003