Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: newoleg1
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 24, 2009 11:40 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
newoleg1 has contributed to 11 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.05%) in 6,025 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » S&P 500 Premium Feb 24, 2009 11:40 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thank you Jay for clarification.
I have some small question: what is the time interval between snapshot and S&P index message (how many seconds)?
Thank you in advance

Data and Content Support » S&P 500 Premium Feb 22, 2009 09:22 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,
Could you describe how IQFeed calculate S&P 500 premium.
This SP-PREM.Z comes every 15 seconds so you take index value from snapshot at some time and what the ES price do you take to calculate the premium? Bid/Ask, last price or some average and what the time?
Thank in advance

Data and Content Support » Bid / Ask Feb 22, 2009 08:54 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hi Jay,
It is very interesting topic. I did some research this problem on your real time ticks a year ago and still confused.
Some times in trade message ("t" message) price outside bid/ask price - for example trade was above ask. I even look in information massages ("a","b") prior this trade message. but they do not post ask that equal trade price. I still see this type of trades 10-100 times per day

Jay, could you give more details?

It is just my question. How I can destroy IQFeeddY without destroying the form?

Hi Steve,
1. how I can force to drop all connection to IQConnect from code
2. how I can restart it again (call IQFeedY1.RegisterClientApp(ProdID, ProdKey, ProdVersion) ?)
Oleg

For example I connected using IQFeedY1.RegisterClientApp(ProdID, ProdKey, ProdVersion) and for some reason I do not get quote from DTN. So I want to shot down IQConnect and restart it again from VB code.

Sometimes ago I tried using IQFeedY1.RemoveClientApp() and then call IQFeedY1.RegisterClientApp(ProdID, ProdKey, ProdVersion) again but it seems does not work.
Thanks
Oleg

IQFeed Developer Support » Bug in statistical calculation Oct 30, 2007 09:29 PM (Total replies: 8)

Thanks

IQFeed Developer Support » Bug in statistical calculation Oct 30, 2007 09:11 PM (Total replies: 8)

Jay,
Please clarify how your statistic works for intraday chart.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Every 5 second you takes market snapshot and look for advance stocks (in compare with yesterday closing price, is it correct?). Sum of these stocks is IINA.Z, is it correct?
Also you count all shares of these stocks start from the market opening (is it correct?) and sum of these shares is VINA.Z. And so on.

You repeat this calculation in five second.
Is it correct?

Oleg

IQFeed Developer Support » Bug in statistical calculation Oct 30, 2007 08:20 PM (Total replies: 8)

Jay,
Ii is not the case. 100,000 will not change anything. It is already contributed to VIND.Z and it must belong to VIND.Z forever. After stock becomes advance you have to add 20,000 shares to VINA.Z.
This statistic works in this way. Open please any serious book and look on it.
Let return back to your intraday calculation. You send these tickers every 5 second.
So you have to find how many stocks advance for this 5 second (for example 10 stocks) and add these 10 stocks to previous value of IINA.Z, so new IINA.Z will be larger on 10 than IINA.Z 5 second before.
The same for IIND.Z for decline stocks, and IINU.Z for stocks that does not change during 5 second.
Also for the volume, for 10 advance stock you have to count how many shares was trade for 5 second period and add them to VINA.Z. So all previous traded shares (before the 5 second interval) does not change any value. And so on

Oleg

IQFeed Developer Support » Bug in statistical calculation Oct 30, 2007 04:55 PM (Total replies: 8)

Jay,
For NYSE I used 8 symbols:
IINA.Z, IIND.Z, IINU.Z, IINT.Z, VINA.Z, VIND.Z, VINU.Z, VINT.Z

Example was for VIND.Z

More over I did look yesterday and see another example: for two consecutive times when
VINT.Z for both time is equal but VINA.Z and VIND.Z is different. Never the less sum:
VINA.Z+VIND.Z+VINU.Z
for each time is practically equal to VINT.Z (1 or 2 differents, I think with this is a round error).

That is another error because in to consecutive time VIND.Z can not be the same if VINA.Z or VIND.Z are different. More over I did check time stamp for all 8 symbols, so they belong to correct sets

Oleg

IQFeed Developer Support » Bug in statistical calculation Oct 29, 2007 08:28 PM (Total replies: 8)

Hi,
I see the bug in the statistical calculation for advance/decline/unchanged issues/volume for NYSE.
Advance/decline/unchanged issues/volume suppose to be cumulative variables but very often previous value can be large the current one:
Example:
For 10/29/2007:
Time 9:36:05
Decline volume=12766
In previous time interval (9:36:00)-decline volume was 12911
(Time is your time stamp).

It is plenty similar examples for other variables and by the way for other markets
Could you explain what the problem is?
Oleg

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 11:53 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003