Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Bid / Ask
Author Topic: Bid / Ask (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

smg1
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 06:30 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
When viewing tick history, is the Bid /Ask price that is presented along with each tick,

1) The Bid/Ask showing at the time of the trade execution
2) The Bid/Ask showing Pre trade

i.e if 4 are offered at 40 and 2 are offered at 40.01 and a trade that buys 6 at the market is entered, would the tick history show:
4 @40.00 with an Ask of 40.00 and 2 @40.01 with an Ask of 40.01
or
4 @40.00 with an Ask of 40.00 and 2 @40.01 with an Ask of 40.00

I suspect the latter which is how we get buys and sells above and below the reported bid / ask?

Thanks in advance,

smg

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 06:33 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
You are correct. The exchange doesn't always transmit a new bid/ask price our size with a trade message. Thus, the bid/ask information reported at the time of the trade is what was offered at the time the trade executed.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

newoleg1
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 08:54 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Hi Jay,
It is very interesting topic. I did some research this problem on your real time ticks a year ago and still confused.
Some times in trade message ("t" message) price outside bid/ask price - for example trade was above ask. I even look in information massages ("a","b") prior this trade message. but they do not post ask that equal trade price. I still see this type of trades 10-100 times per day

Jay, could you give more details?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 02:24 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
Its not a problem with the feed (we only report what the exchange sends us). Trades can occur outside (between, above or below) the best bid or best ask.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Tue May 7, 2024 9:34 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003