Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »JINT.Z seems incorrect
Author Topic: JINT.Z seems incorrect (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

vikana
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 10:19 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
I've noticed that JINT.Z (net NYSE advancing issues) doesn't match the value of $ADD at eSignal or my broker (Interactive brokers). The last two days I've generally observed JINT.Z being between 10 and 35 higher than the numbers from eSignal and Interactive Brokers.
FWIW, esignal and interactive brokers agree on the value of net advancing issues.

Reconstructing JINT.Z from IINA.Z and IIND.Z gives the same results, ie JINT.Z=IINA.Z - IIND.Z.

Any suggestions on what this is?

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 10:22 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Hi Vikana,

I'm going to forward your question to our Market Integrity dept. I will post there response as soon as I hear from them.

Stan S

What we do today, determines how people remember us forever.
Be the positive force in someone life.

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 07:00 AM          Msg. 3 of 3
Here is what I got back from Market Integrity.

DTN includes all open NYSE symbols, including warrants, special classes, etc. It is likely that eSignal does not include some of these items in their NYSE
computations. JINT.Z by definition will always equal IINA.Z - IIND.Z. Similarly, on eSignal, $ADD = $ADV - $DECL.
The total for IINA.Z is somewhat larger than $ADV, and IIND.Z is somewhat larger than $DECL, which is consistent with this explanation.

Stan S

What we do today, determines how people remember us forever.
Be the positive force in someone life.

Time: Wed September 18, 2024 6:32 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003