DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: vikana
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 08:04 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
vikana has contributed to 9 posts out of 21251 total posts (0.04%) in 5,493 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Java and 64 bits Aug 4, 2011 08:04 AM (Total replies: 3)

Jay, thank you. Yes was already using the streamer as a model for my TCP code and it works well.

The challenge is that streamer (at least in 4.7) still extends the now deprecated IQ_32. All I've found is a comment that I need to connect through the management port and essentially replace IQ_32 calls that way. Do you have example source doing that?

I would much appreciate if you post the updated sample code somewhere where I don't need to install e.g. the beta software to look at it.

IQFeed Developer Support » Java and 64 bits Aug 3, 2011 08:14 AM (Total replies: 3)

I've just upgraded to Win7/x64 for my main IQFeed system and would like a bit of advice on how to handle the transition:

I understand the IQ32 is deprecated and that I need to manually initialize the feed (through System.exec() or something. ) I'm OK with that.

My question: to replace the abstract IQ_32 class, on which my software relies, what is the best approach? Is the best approach to use TCP/IP sockets as documented in "Level I via TCP/IP"?

The Java code examples have been removed from the beta, and the existing Java examples basically used the deprecated approach.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

IQFeed Developer Support » Update Summary Message Other 'o' Mar 19, 2011 11:52 AM (Total replies: 3)

Must be driver error. I've been logging all week and didn't see anything suspicious this week.

May I suggest you add your initial explanation to the documentation under the 'o' tag. It would have been good to know that I safely could ignore those quotes.

Thanks for your assistance.

IQFeed Developer Support » Update Summary Message Other 'o' Mar 12, 2011 10:58 AM (Total replies: 3)

Thank you for the reply. I am running 4.7.2.0. I've added some logging for Monday morning and we'll see what I capture. Maybe I've just been asleep lately, but today was the first time I noticed a large number of 'o' messages. I skip them, but generate an alarm, which is how I noticed it.

IQFeed Developer Support » Update Summary Message Other 'o' Mar 11, 2011 08:57 AM (Total replies: 3)

This morning i noticed a large number of 'o' messages, ie Update/Status messages with an 'o' appended to the LastTradeTime (#18) field.

Q: Any idea what that might mean?

Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » Regional Quotes, e.g. NYSE only Sep 8, 2009 09:52 AM (Total replies: 1)

Is there a way that I can either request e.g. NYSE-only quotes or see where a particular trade took place?

The update messages only have the "Regions" field which simply specifies which exchanges trades can take place, not where the current trade actually took place.

For instance: I would like to see or generate NYSE only trades for AA, or BATS only trades for AA, etc.

Thanks in advance!

IQFeed Developer Support » Update Message: 'T' Extended trade` Sep 4, 2009 11:34 AM (Total replies: 2)

Steve, Thank you very much.

That was a clear explanation of 'T" and where the 'last' price came from. I hadn't noticed the special fields for extended trades. May I suggest you add a note to the documentation for 'T' indicating to look at field 33 for 'last' etc.
Edited by vikana on Sep 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Update Message: 'T' Extended trade` Sep 4, 2009 09:46 AM (Total replies: 2)

When do 'T' messages get generated? Here is something i saw this morning on the open

For AA the first update message (not summary message) was what appears to be yesterdays close with "last=12.01" but a time stamp of 09:30:00T

The first true trade after 9:30 should have been "last=12.14".

Interestingly, for other symbols I manually checked, the first print was correct and was a 't' update message, as opposed to "T".

From the documentation: •T - Extended Trade = Any trade that is counted in volume (field 7) but does not set a new open, high, low, or last.

I'd like to understand exactly when 'T' messages can get generated

Thanks !

Data and Content Support » JINT.Z seems incorrect Sep 3, 2009 10:19 AM (Total replies: 2)

I've noticed that JINT.Z (net NYSE advancing issues) doesn't match the value of $ADD at eSignal or my broker (Interactive brokers). The last two days I've generally observed JINT.Z being between 10 and 35 higher than the numbers from eSignal and Interactive Brokers.
FWIW, esignal and interactive brokers agree on the value of net advancing issues.

Reconstructing JINT.Z from IINA.Z and IIND.Z gives the same results, ie JINT.Z=IINA.Z - IIND.Z.

Any suggestions on what this is?

Time: Mon September 16, 2024 5:07 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003