Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Java and 64 bits
Author Topic: Java and 64 bits (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

vikana
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 08:14 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
I've just upgraded to Win7/x64 for my main IQFeed system and would like a bit of advice on how to handle the transition:

I understand the IQ32 is deprecated and that I need to manually initialize the feed (through System.exec() or something. ) I'm OK with that.

My question: to replace the abstract IQ_32 class, on which my software relies, what is the best approach? Is the best approach to use TCP/IP sockets as documented in "Level I via TCP/IP"?

The Java code examples have been removed from the beta, and the existing Java examples basically used the deprecated approach.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 04:26 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
We always recommend using the TCP sockets interface as it is the most efficient. Thus, I would say migrating to it would be your best option. There should be a Java Streamer example in the developer install package.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

vikana
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 08:04 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Jay, thank you. Yes was already using the streamer as a model for my TCP code and it works well.

The challenge is that streamer (at least in 4.7) still extends the now deprecated IQ_32. All I've found is a comment that I need to connect through the management port and essentially replace IQ_32 calls that way. Do you have example source doing that?

I would much appreciate if you post the updated sample code somewhere where I don't need to install e.g. the beta software to look at it.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 12:55 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
vikana, the current examples are only in the 4.8 dev build.

However, unlike older versions of the dev build, 4.8 (and 4.7 as well) no longer require you to upgrade your version of the feed to get new examples or docs. Of course it is recommended to upgrade but the dev installer will simply prompt you that your current client install is out of date and ask if you want to update it as well. Clicking No will continue on with the dev installer without reinstalling the client.

Time: Wed September 18, 2024 6:12 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003