Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Download in Excel or to ASCII File
Author Topic: Download in Excel or to ASCII File (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

datatest
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 01:28 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
Is it possible to download historical futures data to Excel or an ASCII File? I have seen that I place in Excel the current quote, but did not figure out how to download a complete set of historical quotes for a future.

Is there even a feature where I can download all historical future contracts (not merged, seperate files for contracts) for a selected product (e.g. wheat)?

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 06:49 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hello Datatest,

You will need to use a 3rd party software, of which the only one that I know of that can download all Historical data directly into either ASCII or Excel is called QCollector from www.mechtrading.com this program allows you to build a list of symbols then have them all download historical data directly into individual files for each symbol as well as have timed updates to keep them up to date.

There maybe other software's that are able to do this, but this is the only one that we are aware of that can download all historical data from IQFeed and save it directly to a file.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

datatest
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 01:09 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
thanks. I contacted them and the application is able to do what I want. My question now: How many years back do you have futures contracts?

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 02:08 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Hello Datatest

For our symbols we have up to 3 to 5 years (minis going back to 2005) for Minute data, up to 10 years for Daily, and 10 to 20 years for weekly and monthly data.

Tick data we have up to 120 calendar days that you can pull during aftermarket hours starting at 4:30 PM EST to 9:30 AM EST the next morning. During active market hours this is limited to 8 calendar days.

If you have any other problems or quesetions please let us know.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

datatest
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 02:54 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
ok, thanks.
can you tell me how many years of daily data it is exactly for futures such as corn, wheat and soybean? When I download the continous contract it is back to 1996. Does this mean I can load also single contracts until then?

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 03:54 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
Hello Datatest,

You are correct that the continous contracts go back to 1996 for corn, soybeans, and wheat.
The oldest single contracts that I found in IQFeed were, CH96, SH96, and WH96. Those three contracts showed data back to late-1994.

Time: Mon May 6, 2024 3:47 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003