Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Can't Connect via iqconnect.exe
Author Topic: Can't Connect via iqconnect.exe (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

TechnoConserve
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 10:20 AM          Msg. 1 of 11
I can't connect to iqfeed when using iqconnect.exe because the connect button is grayed out. The status window just says "Awaiting product ID and version" and never changes.

Strangely, this problem doesn't exist when using Diagnostics.exe. Hitting the test button seems to open the exact same dialog window as the one presented with iqconnect.exe but this connect button is not grayed out, the status window says "Idle" and I can connect just fine. How can I fix this? I've attached my log file with all the errors turned on although there don't seem to be any errors in the log.

Machine info:

--- Machine Info ---
Computer Name: *************
IP Address: 10.0.0.128
User Name: ******

--- Windows Info ---
Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
kernel32.dll version 10.0.10586.0

--- Internet Explorer Info ---
Internet Explorer:

--- CPU Info ---
Vendor : GenuineIntel
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Identifier : Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Number of physical CPU cores: 4
CPU MHz : 3293

--- Memory Info ---
Installed RAM: 16368 MB
Memory Available: 12962 MB
Used RAM: %20
Free RAM: %80

--- Drive Info ---
*** Hard Disk: (c:\) ***
Total size: 476487 (MB)
Used: 372762 (MB)
Free: 103725 (MB)
Volume Label:
Serial Number: ****-****
File System: NTFS

*** Hard Disk: (f:\) ***
Total size: 476937 (MB)
Used: 309274 (MB)
Free: 167663 (MB)
Volume Label:

*** Hard Disk: (g:\) ***
Total size: 1907726 (MB)
Used: 1169858 (MB)
Free: 737868 (MB)
Volume Label: ************

Registry entry for location of IQFeed:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DTN\IQFeed

Checking for files in: C:\Program Files (x86)\DTN\IQFeed\
Found : IQConnect.exe
Version: 5.2.1.0 Release: 5.2.1.0

Found : DTNIQFeedCOM.dll

Found : IQFeedY.ocx

Found : News.exe

Found : iqlink.exe

Found : IQLinkLauncher.exe

Found : IQWatchQuote.exe

Found : DTNOptionChainLookup.dll

Found : DTNSymbolLookup.dll

Found : DTNNewsLookup.dll

Found : DTNLevel2Lookup.dll

File Attached: IQConnectLog7.txt (downloaded 1977 times)

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 10:36 AM          Msg. 2 of 11
TechnoConserve
Can you try the Iqlinklancher.exe to start the IQFeed client?
Since it seems like it runs with the Diagnostic ok.

TechnoConserve
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 10:46 AM          Msg. 3 of 11
That also seems to work just fine. Should I just not worry about the iqconnect.exe?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 11:09 AM          Msg. 4 of 11
IQConnect is not designed for a direct launch via normal Windows double clicking. It requires that a supporting application is ran in conjunction with it to initialize certain parameters, so it waiting in that state is considered normal behavior in the case you mentioned.

Tim

TechnoConserve
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 11:42 AM          Msg. 5 of 11
Oh OK, didn't realize that. Thanks.

md
-Interested User-

Posted: May 2, 2017 11:50 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
I have run into the same 'hanging' issue at log in but because I am trying to launch IQConnect.exe automatically from the command line as described in the API documentation where it says it 'should log in fine' !

As it doesn't, can you advise on a solution to successfully login using the command line?

Thanks

DTN Todd
-Interested User-

Posted: May 2, 2017 11:53 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
Hello
We will have developer support team look into this as soon as they are in the office
Thanks
Todd

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 3, 2017 07:21 AM          Msg. 8 of 11
Good morning,

In order to use the API you would need to have a valid product code. Assuming you have one, the information you need can be accessed at http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/InitializingTheFeed.cfm

If not, our sales team can help get you setup today so that you have access to all of documentation and I can further support you via chat and email as well.

Tim

md
-Interested User-

Posted: May 4, 2017 04:54 AM          Msg. 9 of 11
Hello Tim, I do have a valid product code.

I have followed your link to launch IQConnect.exe via the command line and I am running into the same problem as the OP - it hangs whilst trying to login. Incidentally the same happens if I launch IQConnect manually by double clicking on the icon.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 4, 2017 08:39 AM          Msg. 10 of 11
Can you email me the command line you are sending with all of the parameters used and I will be happy to try and replicate the issue?

Tim

Lav2018
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 12:04 AM          Msg. 11 of 11
I ran into this same problem. Found this thread in a search. I fixed my problem already, but for anyone just starting out with the API:

the example on http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/docs52/InitializingTheFeed.cfm has small typo so can't copy/paste it into your code and replace with your parameters

IQConnect.exe ?product YOUR_PRODUCT_HERE?version 1.0.0.0 ?login 100000 ?password 1234 ?autoconnect

It is missing a space between YOUR_PRODUCT_HERE and -version. Once I fixed that it works.

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 1:22 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003