Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »NEW IQFEED FORUMS »IQFeed API Questions »Exchange ID vs Listed Market
Author Topic: Exchange ID vs Listed Market (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 11:13 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
What's the difference between Exchange ID vs Listed Market in the Fundamental msg?

Please document the difference better here:
http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/Level1FundamentalMessage.cfm

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 11:23 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Looks like the ListedMarkets ("SLM") reply has been expanded to include group ID info since I last looked ages ago. I guess that's what's being used here. Right?

DTN_Gary_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 09:21 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Andrew,

I am investigating this now.

In the meantime, I can tell you that yes, the GroupID was added to the SLM response between protocols 5.1 and 5.2. It hasn't changed since then.

Sincerely,
Gary Stephen
DTN IQFeed API Support

Sincerely,
Gary Stephen

DTN_Gary_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 01:50 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
Andrew,

Quote: What's the difference between Exchange ID vs Listed Market in the Fundamental msg?

One is more specific than the other.

Recently, the exchanges started splitting into what can best be described as sub-exchanges. For example, what we think of as NASDAQ technically consists of several different exchanges: NCM (NASDAQ Capital Market), NGM (NASDAQ Global Market), and NGSM (NASDAQ Global Select Market), and others such as OTC and OTCBB.

In the F message, ExchangeID stores the broader group code (NASDAQ). Listed Market stores the more specific exchange code (NGSM). For example, the F message for MSFT would indicate 5 (NASDAQ) for Exchange ID and 21 (NGSM) for Listed Market. An NGM commodity would have 5 and 1, respectively.

The SLM command, as you noted, returns all the Listed Markets, and the exchange ID to which they belong:

1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,5,NASDAQ,
2,NCM,National Capital Market,5,NASDAQ,
3,OTC,Nasdaq other OTC,5,NASDAQ,
4,OTCBB,Nasdaq OTC Bulletin Board,5,NASDAQ,
5,NASDAQ,Nasdaq,5,NASDAQ,
6,NYSE_AMERICAN,NYSE American (Equities and Bonds),6,NYSE_AMERICAN,
7,NYSE,New York Stock Exchange,7,NYSE,
8,CHX,Chicago Stock Exchange,0,NONE,

Listed Markets 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all part of Exchange ID 5. (An exchange can be part of itself.) In some cases there is no group ID, in which case that field will return 0.

The documentation seems to use the terms "Exchange ID", "Exchange Group", and "Group ID" interchangeably. They all mean the same thing: the broader definition of the exchange. We intend to edit this to make it more clear, and to explain the relationship between these terms and Listed Market.

Both the ExchangeID and Listed Market fields say "use the Listed Markets lookup to decode this value." This is correct; the list you get with SLM command consists of both.

Please note that you must specify Protocol 5.2 or later to see the exchange IDs with the SLM command. On 5.1 or the API default of 4.9, they will not be there.

Let me know if you still have any questions on this! I'll post in this thread if there are any related updates on this.

Sincerely,
Gary Stephen

Time: Fri May 17, 2024 12:34 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003