Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »server issues last 24 hours - Painfully slow updates
Author Topic: server issues last 24 hours - Painfully slow updates (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mbielinski
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 09:45 AM          Msg. 1 of 10
Updates (one minute bars) around 10:30 EST are PAINFULLY slow today. What normally takes 3 minutes took over 20 minutes. I noticed some slowdown yesterday evening (Feb 8).

There was a similar issue last november - can you please check server load / performance.

Michael S Bielinski

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 09:47 AM          Msg. 2 of 10
Michael,

Can you check your IQFeed conection manager and tell us what server IP you are connected to? We received word from one of our data centers that they are seeing some internet routing issues. This may be causing the slow down and I want to confirm if that is the case for you.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 01:06 PM          Msg. 3 of 10
Jay,

On a scale of 1 to 10, would you classify this a Level 3 problem?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 01:16 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
Any issue is a level 10 problem to us (on a sale of 1-10). For the ISP's scale, it has been escalated to a Level 3 issue (wink)

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

mbielinski
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 01:57 PM          Msg. 5 of 10
IQ Connection Manager says IP: 66.112.148.221

Michael S Bielinski

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 02:05 PM          Msg. 6 of 10
Ok, yes, this is the datacenter we are looking at. Please try to re-login and see if you connect to 66.112.148.x again. Hopefully you will get 66.112.156.x which is the other datacenter.

One other thing you mention in your post I would like to ask about. Are you pulling 1 minute bars throughout the day? If so, this is outside the realm of what an IQFeed subscription is for. If you need 1 minute bars throughout the day, you should be setting a watch list, and building the 1 minute bars within your software. The historical backfill should only be used to fill in any gaps if you have a connection problem or aren't running your system during the data.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

mbielinski
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 03:11 PM          Msg. 7 of 10
Yes - I am now connected to 66.112.156.227.

No - not pulling one minute bars throughout the day. My system comes online around 10:30 and backfills (just once) morning data for a list of stocks it is watching.

Thanks for your help.

Michael S Bielinski

JDonovan
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2007 01:04 PM          Msg. 8 of 10
One other thing you mention in your post I would like to ask about. Are you pulling 1 minute bars throughout the day? If so, this is outside the realm of what an IQFeed subscription is for.

Could you clarify this? I'm a little unclear as to the meaning. For instance, if one of my applications is a charting application, and allows the client to say request data in either daily, 30 min, 5 min or 1 min data. They choose the timeframe and then request symbols. Which symbols, I don't know. But I do know they might be requesting a good number of symbols in 1 - 5 min bars throughout the trading day.

All of the literature on the IQFeed main page would suggest that this is exactly within the realm of the subscription, I see nothing regarding request limits on certain types of data? What about Daily Bar Data? What about Option Chains?

Seriously not trying to be flippant, I need to know before I invest manpower into anything that the subscription may not permit.

Thanks in advance,

- Jeff

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 12, 2007 01:22 PM          Msg. 9 of 10
In the course of a trading day, it is understandable that someone would need to fill in data when they bring up their app or fill in databases after hours. The key is that we don't allow people to circumvent the symbol limits of the subscription by snapshotting data. We are not a snapshot service. Thus, it is not in the scope of IQFeed to use history servers in order to get "snapshots". If your app/customer is watching 500 symbols, and needs 1 and 5 minute bars for those, they should bring up the app before the market and your app should build 1 and 5 minute bars off the datafeed. If your app goes down, it is understandable that you would need to make historical requests to fill in the missing data. Again, the key is that we don't allow people to use historical data as a method to get snapshots.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

JDonovan
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2007 01:37 PM          Msg. 10 of 10
Ok I understand what you are saying. Thanks for the reply, I'll have to shelve it for some of our client apps but can certainly use it for others which follow those guidelines (or dont use bar data in any regard).

- Jeff

Time: Sun May 5, 2024 12:15 AM CFBB v1.2.0 18 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003