Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »When is equity option EOD available?
Author Topic: When is equity option EOD available? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

rodney trotter
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 23, 2007 09:57 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
1. When using HistoryLookup RequestDayHistory it seems the current days data is not available unless the middle of the night for equity options. (I am CST). When should I expect it?

2. The Minute history seems to be available immediately but if no trades on an option during the day, it appears to give an "unable to connect to minute history socket" after about a 5 minute wait. Why does it take so long to give HistoryLookupAbortedLoad response?

3. I tried to use OptionChainLookup hoping it only returned traded options for the day but it seems to return all active option symbols.

I want to start my data download at 6:00PM CST using RequestDayHistory. If no history available for today on an option then try getting a day of minute data. The long timeouts to abort load are killing me. Do you have a solution?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 24, 2007 03:42 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Moved this over to Dev Support (I didn't see it in the Data and Content support).

1)
Currently the Option Chains EOD data is written out around midnight EST (along with Index Equity options, Future Options, Stats, Forwards, and Single Stock Futures).

In the future (as when the new servers go online, they will be scheduled so that they are more in line with when this data "should" be available ...

2)
I'll have to look into this. I am not sure why it isn't returning immediately as it should be. This does not appear to affect the IHistoryLookuip2 COM interface.

3)
This is the intended use of the Chain Lookups

The only solutions I can see at this point (until this issue is resolved) would be to switch to using the IHistoryLookup2 interface or to request your minute history via sockets.

rodney trotter
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 05:28 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Any updates on this? The new servers are online if I understand correctly. What would be the earliest time we should start our EOD data download on equities and equity options?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 09:35 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Hello rodney. You are correct that the new servers are online (and have been for quite a while). However, I was not quite correct in my initial post. Equity EOD availablility times were not affected by the server release referenced.

However, since the time that this was posted, it does appear that the Equity EOD data is now available slightly sooner at around 9PM EST (as opposed to it being available at midnight before).

rodney trotter
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:29 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Well, it has been a while since this was updated. Any new times on when EOD equity and option data is available?

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 8:24 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003