Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Does SSO work on new pre-production server, yet?
Author Topic: Does SSO work on new pre-production server, yet? (18 messages, Page 1 of 1)

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 8, 2007 01:03 AM          Msg. 1 of 18
Also, have you set on the cut off date yet? I haven't tested my application against the new server yet. My application is an option trading system, it needs to have a valid option chain.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 8, 2007 08:14 AM          Msg. 2 of 18
Option Chains are not currently working. I will get our server team checking into this.

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 23, 2007 01:03 AM          Msg. 3 of 18
it seems SSO still isn't working. Have you heard anything from your server team?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 23, 2007 08:50 AM          Msg. 4 of 18
SSO is working for me. Option Chains have also been enabled. Are you still having problems?

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 23, 2007 03:52 PM          Msg. 5 of 18
I tried VIX last night. The option chain I got has May 07 series and no July 07 series. I couldn't confirm it (I am at work) at this moment. Could you double check if the option chain has latest series issued by exchange?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 23, 2007 05:37 PM          Msg. 6 of 18
Right now, I am gettin the same data from an Option chain lookup on Pre as I do on our production servers.

However, SSO would be a symbol lookup (not an option chain lookup).

I can confirm that there is a difference between the results returned here but I will need to do some more digging before I can find the cause.

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 27, 2007 05:22 PM          Msg. 7 of 18
Hi Steve, I am aware of the difference. I use SSO because it is based on simple string matching, my program will filter out the correct series. Where as with OEA, I found out sometimes it could miss option chains, especially, if an underlying has multiple roots. I've been using SSO as option chain lookup for 4 years, it is simple and has less dependencies on server logic.

Could you double check OEA command on new pre-production server? It seems new pre-production server returns only near money option series.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 29, 2007 03:31 PM          Msg. 8 of 18
I am still not noticing any differences between the production and pre-production servers for the OEA command.

There are a few differences when using the OFO as well as the SSO commands but as far as I can tell this is due to the Pre-Production servers still having some expired contracts returned (the Pre servers are returning more data than the production servers).

Can you give me an example of the output where you are seeing discrepancies?

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 30, 2007 11:25 PM          Msg. 9 of 18
OEA,SPY,1,4; pre-production server returns much shorter list :-)

Yes, you right, SSO returns July 07 series. It wasn't the case last week, though.

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 30, 2007 11:29 PM          Msg. 10 of 18
BTW, do you know why new server returns expired series?

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 31, 2007 01:35 AM          Msg. 11 of 18
Hi Steve, I tried to download option chains from new server, but IQFeed client crashed before it can finish. With few underlyings that finished, I found CUB is missing strike 30. BCO doesn't have LK/XK. Could you check, thx.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 31, 2007 10:13 AM          Msg. 12 of 18
Our server team is looking into this.

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 12:03 AM          Msg. 13 of 18
Hi Steve, have you heard anything? the switch over date is approaching, I need to get the option chain before I can test my application

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 01:46 PM          Msg. 14 of 18
This is not yet fixed. I believe the server team has identified what is causing the problem but have not yet gotten a fix implemented.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 8, 2007 09:14 AM          Msg. 15 of 18
This should be resolved. Let me know if you still see any problems.

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jun 8, 2007 05:11 PM          Msg. 16 of 18
It seems SSO still returns expired contracts.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 11, 2007 10:30 AM          Msg. 17 of 18
The expired contracts is an issue that should be isolated to running in the pre-production environment and should not be an issue once this is rolled out onto the production servers.

We will do some more testing with this to verify this is the case.

wmillows
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 1, 2007 12:22 AM          Msg. 18 of 18
Hi Steve,

I am still seeing this? do you know if I need to wait till Aug to not receive July series?

Thanks,

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 11:20 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003