Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »problems with starting portions of requested symbols
Author Topic: problems with starting portions of requested symbols (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

bledell
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 11:17 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hello,

I have recently noticed a significant delay in when I start to receive quotes for a number of symbols that am I attempting to watch and am hoping someone may be able to help.

Before the market open, I typically register to watch about 970 symbols.
In the IQFeed Connection Manager, I can see that the 970 symbols are registered and that my account is enabled for 1000 symbols. Today, however, only about 560 of the symbols actually started. At 10:36, the rest of the symbols magically kicked in and I finally started receiving quotes for all of the symbols. I've experienced basically the same situation for at least all of this week.

I've tried resubmitting the missing symbols to IQFeed as symbols I want to watch but that didn't do anything.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 9, 2007 10:47 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Can you give me some more information about this?

When you say that only 560 of the symbols actually start, which of the following scenarios describes what you are experiencing (if neither do, please give me some mroe details)?

1) You receive the initial snapshot of information about the missing symbols but when market opens, you do not receive update messages for them.

2) You never even receive the initial snapshot.

You mentioned that this has been happening for abou a week, has your symbol list changed at all during that time? Would you email developer support with your symbol list please? Can you tell if there is any pattern to the symbols that do not update?
Can you tell me which server you are connected to (listed in the connection manager)?

bledell
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 9, 2007 12:12 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Thank you for your reply.

The ip address I am connected to today is 66.112.148.226.

My symbol list hasn't changed in a while. I will email developer support with the symbol list.

I will get back to you about whether I received the initial snapshot information. I am currently only logging update messages, so I need to change my code to find out.

Time: Sun May 19, 2024 6:59 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003