Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Update Summary Message Other 'o'
Author Topic: Update Summary Message Other 'o' (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

vikana
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 08:57 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
This morning i noticed a large number of 'o' messages, ie Update/Status messages with an 'o' appended to the LastTradeTime (#18) field.

Q: Any idea what that might mean?

Thanks!

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 09:02 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
"o" messages will be an update that contains anything other than Trade/bid/ask information. If you are running the current version of IQFeed (4.7.2.0), this will also include non-last-qualifying trades.

For example, settlements will frequently come through the feed as an "o" message.

If you can give me an example, I can dig into it further just to make sure there isn't something esle (bad) going on.

vikana
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 10:58 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Thank you for the reply. I am running 4.7.2.0. I've added some logging for Monday morning and we'll see what I capture. Maybe I've just been asleep lately, but today was the first time I noticed a large number of 'o' messages. I skip them, but generate an alarm, which is how I noticed it.

vikana
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 11:52 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Must be driver error. I've been logging all week and didn't see anything suspicious this week.

May I suggest you add your initial explanation to the documentation under the 'o' tag. It would have been good to know that I safely could ignore those quotes.

Thanks for your assistance.

Time: Fri September 6, 2024 2:11 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003