Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Error: Unable to Connect to History Socket
Author Topic: Error: Unable to Connect to History Socket (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 11:56 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
When I run sample "History" program today, I run into this problem
when I tried to retrieve Intra-Day or Tick data.

I can retrieve Monthly, Weekly, Daily data with no problem and I can also retrieve real-time quote from IqFeed,
but it gives me above error message when I tried to retrieve Historical minutes data.

This is the first time I met this problem. I run my own program everyday.

What may be te cause of this problem?

Last time (6 month ago) I had this problem and found out later than the sevice did not activite my account.

Thank you for your help.

DTN_Glenn_B
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 12:40 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
Hi,

Could you provide a few more details. What type of error message are you receiving? Have you verified with customer service that there isn't a problem with your account again? What symbol are you using or is this on all that you try?

Glenn Benes

Glenn Benes DTN Market Access, LLC.

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 12:52 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
The error mesage: "Unable to Connect to Minute History Socket".

This problem started yesterday and continued today. I called DTN Customer Service and my account is OK.

I did not modify any code of my program and the program has been running OK
for the past 6 months.

Right now, my program can get real-time quotes, historical daily data, weekly data, monthly data. The only problem is getting historical minutes data for any symbol.

But historical minutes data is the most important data I need in order to day-trade stocks.

What may be the problem?

Thnak you for your help.

I am using VC++ 6.0 for my program. Actually I run the sample "History" program, it gives the same error message.

DTN_Glenn_B
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 02:24 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
Have you installed any products recently which utilize IQFeed? Check the registry entry EXEDIR under \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTN\IQFeed. It should be pointing to the directory you installed IQFeed. Reinstalling the IQFeed package will correct your registry settings. Let me know if this helps.

Glenn Benes

Glenn Benes DTN Market Access, LLC.

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 03:48 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
Hi, Glenn:

Now I downloaded new IQFeed 2.3 version into ANOTHER computer and installed IQFeed into c:\Program Files\DTN\IQFeed directory and run the sample "history" program in that directory.

After the program prompts for my UserID and Password, I typed them and logged in.

Then I entered a symbl "MSFT", selected "intra-day" data, it gives
"load aborted - History Data currently unavailable" message.

Then, I tried for daily data, weekly data, monthly data selections, all no problem.

I did not run my own program at all, just example program "history" using my UserID and Password. That eliminates thrid party software problems.

I checked registry, setting for EXEDIR is c:\Program Files\DTN\IQFeed - OK

Do you think that the problem is due to my account status change?

The new computer has no IQFeed insalled before, I just downloaded and installed IQFeed. Then run "history" example program.

Please help me to solve the problem. Thanks.

David
-DTN Evangelist-

I'd rather be...

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 04:36 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
Just a quick thought that may be applicable, Interday requests need all caps for the symbol, daily - monthly are ok with lower case.

GL!

David

IQXP Software
http://www.iqxp.com

LiveWire Update Service
PO Box 1417
Fairfield, IA 52556
641-472-8393
http://www.livewire-cablesoft.com/

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 8, 2004 12:31 AM          Msg. 7 of 7
Hi,

I tried to use CAPS to retrieve intra-day data from my newly installed IQFeed computer and run the sample "HISTORY" program. It worked.

So, I will look into my program to see what has been changed for the problem.

Thanks.

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 5:49 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003