Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Quote Tracker won't work with IQ feed 4.9
Author Topic: Quote Tracker won't work with IQ feed 4.9 (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

wangh
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 12, 2012 03:51 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
I just installed IQ feed 4.9. Quote tracker now, when it starts, won't start IQ feed.
It did work with IQ feed 4.7 and 4.8.
Quote tracker 3.9.8 is the last version I can download.
i read something on Twitter by Jay Froscheiser about re-adding iq32.dll to QT to make it work.
How to do it exactly? I have window XP.
Please help. Thanks

wangh

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Nov 12, 2012 03:55 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hello wangh,

QuoteTracker requires the iq32dll file to be in the IQFeed folder so anytime that you download a new version of IQFeed, you need to add this file again. Please email us at Support@IQFeed.net and we will be glad to send you that file with step-by-step instructions.
Thank you.

wangh
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 07:40 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
Thank you for the quick reply. It worked.
I saved a copy of iq32.dll from Program Files\DTN\IQFeed of the older version (4.7), and copied it to the same folder of version 4.9. Now Quote Tracker can start the iq feed.

wangh

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 08:19 AM          Msg. 4 of 6
I'm finding that it still doesn't work. I tried a fresh install of IQFeed 4.9 and QT, copied the IQ32.dll over to the IQFeed install directory. I then start QuoteTracker and it immediately sends me to their "How to install IQFeed" page. QuoteTracker is not able to start or connect to IQFeed.

I then install IQFeed 4.7 and everything works normally. Then I re-installed IQ 4.9 and now 4.9 works with QuoteTracker. Then I reboot and now QuoteTracker no longer works with IQFeed 4.9

This doesn't seem to work very well and is the reason I have been avoiding anything newer than IQFeed 4.7.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 08:33 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
Hello Programmer,

It is odd that it worked for you once and then did not. Could you please email us at Support@IQFeed.net so that we can take a closer look at this? We would be glad to help.

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 08:49 AM          Msg. 6 of 6
I think I may have it working. It could be because my filesystem was corrupted. I tried again on a fresh install and now it seems to survive the reboot.

However, it does not seem to work unless you install IQ 4.7 at least once. I'm guessing because a dll (IQ32.dll?) or other components needs to be registered or configured and just copying over IQ32.dll is not enough on a clean new system that never had 4.7 installed.

But like I said, it seems to work right now. Sorry for the noise. Thanks!

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 8:10 AM CFBB v1.2.0 22 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003