Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »IQFeed is now spyware?
Author Topic: IQFeed is now spyware? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 08:22 AM          Msg. 1 of 2
What are these "usage statistics" reported with the newer versions of IQFeed?

I apologize if I seem alarmist but you have to understand that I don't like anything that could possibly affect my trading and I definitely don't like software that spies on my system. What is it reporting exactly and why? Can I disable it? "Anonymous" reporting is not an answer because an IP address is usually enough information to connect a user to "statistics".

Thanks

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 09:28 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
Hello, there is no way to turn off usage stats in IQFeed. As you pointed out, you can make them anonymous and when you do, we do not store your loginID or your IP address.

We use the information we track to make the IQFeed product better (we don't use it for advertisements and we certainly do not sell the information). It allows us to know what kind of hardware and operating conditions our software runs on/in. It also allows us to know what features of IQFeed are being used (or not being used) and to identify potential problems with IQFeed and/or 3rd party applications.

Other than your loginID and IP address (unless you set it to anon), we gather the following inforation:

Machine Stats
CPU
RAM available
OS
Latency to our servers (a single ping)

Session Stats
How long you are connected.
What clients have launched the feed.
Maximum number of clients connected at one time.

Services Stats (new as of IQF 4.9)
All fields usedduring the session
What ClientNames have been sent to IQFeed.

Diagnostics Stats are only tracked if we detect that a client app isn't keeping up with the feed and data is being queued in IQConnect to compensate. In this scenario we track information information about the queue:
How large of a queue
How long it took to clear
What type of data (level1/level2/lookup)

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 12:26 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003