Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Out of Memory Error on History Request
Author Topic: Out of Memory Error on History Request (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

murf
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 02:30 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
hi

I a mrequesting history using the com interface version 5.1.0.5.

I keep getting iqConnect out of memory errors. Usually after the 2nd or third history request. Is this a know issue or can you suggest a fix.

Thanks

Paul

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 02:35 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hello Murf, generally this is due to data backing up in the IQFeed buffers while waiting for your app to process the feed. You would want to make sure you are pulling the data out of the buffers as quickly as possible to prevent this. A common mistake that causes this, is to have the thread that is receiving the message, also try to process the message. You will want seperate processing of these two operations.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Dec 3, 2013 at 07:21 AM

murf
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 01:39 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
Tim

Thanks ... that is exactly what I am doing ! :)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 07:37 AM          Msg. 4 of 6
If you get a chance to hop in chat I would like to get a couple more details though if you have time?

murf
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 02:00 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
Hi Tim

I did try and get you into chat yesterday afternoon but failed miserably .. I was on my iPhone on the train.

However, I did actually have a chat with you earlier in the day before I saw your latest response. In that chat we discussed a few things but one was the fact the a history request is returned in a single chuck of data regardless of the time period for which the request is made. Given that, how can data be backing up if I am processing it on the same thread (unless I am repeatidly making history requests in quick succession - which I am not).

Thanks .. I will try and hook up on chat later

Cheers

Paul

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 06:40 AM          Msg. 6 of 6
That is why I came back and asked to chat, we did find a gven situation that could cause this issue in the COM layer that we are looking into. I wanted to verify what you were doing, to see if what we found, matched what you were experiencing. I'll let you know what we learn though since I am sure that is what it probably is.

Tim

Time: Fri September 6, 2024 12:46 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003