Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Error codes for historical tick and bar requests are not standardized and not matching with the documentation
Author Topic: Error codes for historical tick and bar requests are not standardized and not matching with the documentation (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

bbmat
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 11:54 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
The documentation states the following:

Result Format for Errors:

If IQConnect.exe recognizes the command is formatted incorrectly, you will receive a syntax error in the following format:
E,!SYNTAX_ERROR!,<CR><LF>

Or, if the servers return an error, you will receive an error in the following format:
E,[Error Text],<CR><LF>!ENDMSG!,<CR><LF>

If you specified a REQUESTID, it will be prepended to one of the above messages. For example:
REQUESTID,E,[Error Text],<CR><LF>

Can you please shed light into the current standard way to receive error messages because the above does not match with what I get back. I am receiving error messages that differ significantly: Sometimes the error message is prepended with "1000", at other times only a "!NOData!" is returned. It makes it incredibly difficult to write code that does not break.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 10:22 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hello,

Can you confirm what requests you are sending that are causing you to receive the results mentioned? I tried a couple items, indicated below and it all seems to work as defined on this end. Also, if you could specify what protocol you are using for your requests, that would be helpful as well.

HDT,GOOG,20150101
E,!NO_DATA!,,
!ENDMSG!,
HDT,GOOG,20150101,,,,1000
1000,E,!NO_DATA!,,
1000,!ENDMSG!,

Thanks,

Tim

bbmat
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 07:56 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
I get similar messages than you get above. I guess I got confused because some of my requests include a custom requestId, others do not. You made it clear that even when an error message is returned the request Id is prepended as long as the request is made with the id. Sorry my bad. Happy Easter.

P.S. Is there a way to delete this thread as it was my mistake and the datafeed behaves actually as documented and expected.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 08:01 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Bbmat,

Happy Easter to you as well. I think the policy is to only delete things in the rarest of cases. With this, I think there is value in having it here and I will consider ways to better document the error messages in the future, so the next person does not get confused as well.

So thanks for letting us know and if you find anything else that does not feel write or maybe could use clarification, please don't hesitate to ask.

Tim

bbmat
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 08:06 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
Great, will do.

While you offered to clarify, is there a chance to get a list of the currently supported fx providers? I am aware of FXCM and COMP (composite feed) but I wonder which other currently supported providers are there. I am especially interested in ECN type of feeds such as FXAll, HotspotFX, Currenex, EBS, Reuters. I checked on your website and found one list but most of the listed providers listed under Tenfore are not working. I am interested in intraday 1-minute and tick based data.

Thanks a lot

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 11:52 AM CFBB v1.2.0 21 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003