Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Historical Dividends
Author Topic: Historical Dividends (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mpalmer213
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 11:48 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
I have been using the API for a couple of weeks now to get tick and historical price and volume data, but I have not seen anything in the documentation detailing a method for pulling historical dividend data. I have figured out how to watch a security and force a fundamental message which shows the last ex-dividend date in the current quarter and the total sum value of all dividends paid thus far in the present quarter, but this is not what I am trying to obtain.

Does anyone know how to get historical individual dividend amounts with the ex date for each? I am not looking for all of the historical dividends either. What I am trying to do is write a program that will check a list of securities after market close each day (I can wait till late at night if need be to allow iQFeed enough time to get the data up) to see if any of them had a dividend go ex on the trade day that just ended and if so how much it was for so that i can keep a record of individual dividend amounts and ex dates.

Any ideas?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 08:21 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know I am looking into if any options exist for you and will get back to you later this morning.

Tim

mpalmer213
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 09:28 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
I really appreciate the help. Thank You.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 08:06 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Hello, maybe I am just not fully understanding the question yet. So I will answer what I do know and we can go from there. We do not have dividend data over time, but you said that is not all you are looking for. (DTN does not process dividends in our history either, FYI)

And, I think you are already aware that the most current dividend and its date is available via the fundamental data. FYI - We process those dividends during the overnight hours, but if you run it at 4am or so CST you will probably be fine, I will try to get that verified as to when those processes can be expected to be completed.

If none of these answer your question, please let me know, and maybe we can get a call or something setup to discuss and be sure that we are getting you the information you need, if we have it.

Tim

Time: Wed May 1, 2024 5:07 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003