Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Windows 10
Author Topic: Windows 10 (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Mercury
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 11:13 AM          Msg. 1 of 11
Hi,
Trouble connecting on a Win 10 machine (first attempt on Win10).
I keep getting a 0x0000007b error trying to run IQConnect.exe.
Compatibility modes Win7 and Win8 produced the same result.
VS 2105 et al run fine on this machine.
Is there a trick, or did I just forget how to set up properly?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 11:16 AM          Msg. 2 of 11
Good morning, There are no known issues are known concerning Windows 10, but if you have an example I can try or if you want to send some code to the developer email address I will be happy to take a look and see if it is something I can replicate.

Tim

Mercury
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 11:47 AM          Msg. 3 of 11
Hi,
There is no code to replicate.
After my own code did not run (which has no problems on a Win7 machine), I tried IQConnect.exe and Diagnostics.exe, as provided by DTN. They all had the same problem. If there are no known issues with Windows 10, then I must have skipped something while setting up. Do you know what this error (0x0000007b) is pointing at?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 01:15 PM          Msg. 4 of 11
No, what version of IQ are you on?

Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 01:17 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
And do you have the full error?

Mercury
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 06:53 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
Hi,
I attached the dialog box.
That's unfortunately all I've got.
Same box for any of DTN's apps.
I guess they all try to connect first, and run into the same problem.

File Attached: DTN1.PNG (downloaded 1256 times)

Mercury
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 06:53 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
Hi,
I attached the dialog box.
That's unfortunately all I've got.
Same box for any of DTN's apps.
I guess they all try to connect first, and run into the same problem.

File Attached: DTN11.PNG (downloaded 1168 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 07:16 AM          Msg. 8 of 11
It might be worth trying to install/reinstall to the Visual C++ redistributable files for x86 apps.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Oct 15, 2015 at 01:46 PM

Mercury
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 10:50 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
Hi,
IQConnect version is 5.1.3.1 as of 4/29/2015.
Windows is 10 Pro.

Tried repair first, then uninstall, reinstall - no difference.
Turned the firewall off - no difference.
Reinstalled the SDK.
When the message "Wrong version of the IQFeed Client is installed. Would you like to download the correct version for this developer package?" appeared, opted for the old client version - no difference.
Reinstalled the latest version (5.1.3.1) - no difference.
Downloaded DTN.IQ - no difference.

Mercury
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 11:08 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
Hi,
Couldn't pass this one up: installed the SDK and the client on another Windows10 system.
Running IQConnect does not even produce an error dialog.
On the other hand, Diagnostics starts running, completes the first step, but gets stuck - obviously it cannot connect (although the Auto Connect button is checked).
On the primary Windows 10 system, none of the utilities starts running, including Diagnostics.
Both devices are relatively fresh, thus should not have too much burden in the registry or elsewhere.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 16, 2015 01:01 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
I think at this point, your best bet will be to call our service team and have one of them remote in to your system and try to understand what you are seeing. I believe they will be able to help resolve this and if not, they can help to retrieve some logs and information to better help me understand what may be failing.

Tim

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 12:51 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003