Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »IQFeed Developer »IQFeed Developer Support »chronological order of ticks received?
Author Topic: chronological order of ticks received? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Lav2018
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 04:34 AM          Msg. 1 of 2
Am I safe with the assumption that the messages I receive for one symbol will be in chronological order, or do I need to code for the possibility that an exchange or IQFEED may send a tick out of chronological order occasionally?

Particularly, if my requests are

S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Symbol,Most Recent Trade,Most Recent Trade Time
t@ES#

Will Most Recent Trade always be the most recent? Or do I need to use CPU checking its timestamp against the previous tick's timestamp?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 04:41 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
Good morning,

Yes, trades per symbol, should be chronological.

Tim

Time: Sun October 21, 2018 9:06 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003