Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »No update records with 4.1.1.1
Author Topic: No update records with 4.1.1.1 (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 03:09 PM          Msg. 1 of 7
I had been waiting for the various problems with the 4.X series to shake out before upgrading, but this comment in the 4.1.1.1 announcement:
Quote: However, if you are still using a version of IQFeed prior to 4.0, we highly recommend upgrading now. When we release second resolution on our servers, it may negatively impact earlier versions of IQFeed.

persuaded me that the time to upgrade has arrived. (By the way, this seems to contradict earlier statements that previous versions of IQFeed would continue to operate...)

Sure enough, now that I've upgraded, I'm running into problems. The main one is that after connecting successfully, and subscribing to a handful of symbols, I get a summary record for each and a few update records for each. Then I get a second set of KEY and CONNECTED records, and after that point I no longer receive any updates.

Has anyone else seen behavior like this?

Allen

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 03:35 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
Allen, I haven't came across this issue as of yet.

Does it happen every time? or is it random?

Can you tell me the commands you are sending to IQConnect?

Also, Have you tried turning on Logging to see if there is anything there that would explain this?

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 4, 2006 07:09 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
Hi, Steve. I have an update on this one, though not enough information to claim a solution yet.

Yes, it happens every time.

The second set of key-exchange messages appears to be due to a difference in the behavior of the S,CONNECT message between V2.X and V4.X. I can't prove this conclusively (because at the moment I can't downgrade to V2.X to check the old behavior), but I do have old logs from my app so I'm pretty sure which messages have been exchanged between the app and IQConnect.

It seems that in V2.X, if IQConnect is already connected, sending an S,CONNECT message has no effect. However, in V4.X, it triggers the key exchange again.

I doubt this is responsible for the failure to receive update messages. I think the Level II port problem I mentioned in my other message is more likely to be related to the cause, but I haven't been able to test that yet.

Allen

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 6, 2006 01:31 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
The resending of the S,CONNECT is the reason you are no longer able to recieve Update messages.

The reason the new Key exchanges are comming through is that currently, everytime you send a S,CONNECT message, IQConnect is reestablishing the connection for Level1 Data to the server. This is essentially unwatching all of the symbols you are currently watching and starting the connection all over again as though you restarted IQFEED. I do not believe this is the intended functionality and will look into it further.

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 6, 2006 02:26 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't notice that the watchlist had been cleared; I was looking for the cause of the problem in a different area.

My code sends the S,CONNECT as part of error recovery that it needed with the earlier versions of IQConnect. I'll fix it so that it avoids the redundant S,CONNECT or re-establishes the watchlist for the new versions.

Let's hear what other developers say, but as far as I'm concerned it might be useful to leave the behavior as it is in 4.X. It could be valuable to have a simple way to force IQConnect to reinitialize completely.

Thanks!
Allen

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 6, 2006 02:38 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
My previous wording isn't completely accurate as to what is going on behind the scenes. This behavior isn't actually clearing the old watchlist. It simply has the appearance of doing so. You can verify this by looking at the stats dialog and see that the old symbols are not actually being unwatched.

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 6, 2006 04:29 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
I see. Well, I'll make sure that my fix works whether or not the watchlist is cleared.

Thanks,
Allen

Time: Sun May 5, 2024 7:16 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003