Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Data Bars in Excel
Author Topic: Data Bars in Excel (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

indextrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 03:26 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum but I'm looking for ways to input data into excel other than the simple "last" quotes in the sample dtn excel sheet. More specifically, I need a way to format data like the following...http://indextradersmarketideas.blogspot.com/

Doesn't look like this forum allows file attchements and that's the only way I know of to show what I'm looking for. Do I need some "custom" work done? API? Are there developers out there that can do these things economically?

Thank you!
Edited by indextrader on Feb 2, 2007 at 03:34 AM

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 08:46 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
The DDE for IQFeed was not originally designed for historical data. However, I know that a few people have written VBA within excel to agregate the data similar to what you are looking for. We have an example of this available here: ftp://www.dtniq.com/iq/Sample%20IQFeed%20DDE%20with%20T&S.xls

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 09:23 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
There are 2 options from DTN to do this.

1) is with our ProphetX Active Trader product and its "Tabular Display" - http://www.dtniq.com/flash/pxdemo/tabulardisplay.jpg. as you can see in the image, you can also put multiple symbols in the display. You can then Set this display up as a DDE link from the Product. With ProphetX, you are getting a full analytics package, great news display, free form functions in charts/quote sheets, and DDE. The pricing is $75 per month with annual subscription.

2) Take a look at QuoteIN on our compatible software page at www.dtniq.com. QuoteIN is a 3rd party software that works on IQFeed and expands the DDE linking capability to include hisorical data as well.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

indextrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 02:12 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
Ok, so if I understand both you and Steve are saying that while the DDE quotes you currently offer for Excel are not able to fetch historical data, the data *is* available thru your API if one is competent at programming for it?

In other words, if I wanted historical minute data for 300 stocks for say, 20 days, *on demand* at the beginning of the day, the data is available?

Or would I first have to collect data for ALL stocks for a period of time, store it on my hard drive and *then* access it?

I'm trying to figure out what I CAN and can't do with your data feeds in order to hire the right programmer to obtain the data.

Jay, while ProphetX appears to be a very good program, I need to stick with a data feed for the versatility in programming for "X" factors.

Thanks very much guys. I'd really appreciate a response.
Edited by indextrader on Feb 5, 2007 at 02:13 AM
Edited by indextrader on Feb 5, 2007 at 02:14 AM

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 09:55 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
Yes, in terms of historical data that is available through the API, we keep:

8 days of tick by tick data (no pre/post market ticks currently)
120 days of minute history (available in any increment of minutes)
Daily, weekly, monthly data has no defined limit. (for example, MSFT goes back 10+ years)

Any of this data is available at anytime throughout the day.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 05:04 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
Also, in case you missed it on my post, you don't need to hire a programmer to write something for you to pull historical data into Excel with IQFeed. You can use QuoteIN or XQL (both 3rd party software that supports IQFeed) to pull in IQFeed historical data into Excel. This will give you the streaming data and history, and they also use RTD instead of DDE which is MUCH more efficient.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

indextrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 8, 2007 09:48 AM          Msg. 7 of 8
Jay, thanks for your help on this. Regarding RTD, how do customers like myself currently using your datafeed change over from DDE to RTD? I've also heard of it's better efficiency and have been waiting for some "initiative" on this. Most data vendors it seems mention it, yet do not have a detailed way for customers to use it. What should people who want quotes via RTD do then?

Thanks again!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 8, 2007 10:31 AM          Msg. 8 of 8
To be honest, I don't have much experience with RTD (using XLQ or QuoteIN). I have talked to a fair number of customers using them however, and I haven't heard of any heartache in using RTD. Thus, I would guess it is a minor change in the formulas. I would suggest looking at the documentation on XLQ and QuoteIN's website as I am sure it will explain how to get RTD working using IQFeed. My guess is it is as easy as DDE since RTD is now natively supported in Excel.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 11:16 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003