Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »two questions for futures
Author Topic: two questions for futures (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

uktrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 02:00 PM          Msg. 1 of 7
I have two questions relating to futures data:

1.) Can we find the first notice/delivery dates for futures contracts using the IQFeed API?

2.) Streaming ticks include condition codes for the last trade. Is this data available for historical tick data as well?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 02:17 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
Hello,

We do not have first notice or delivery dates via the API unfortunately, but we do store the historical trade conditions for all tick data in our system.

Tim

uktrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 02:21 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
Thanks for the quick reply. Put me down as requesting first notice dates in a future version! :) I don't suppose you have them available anywhere else? I'm happy to clean the data up myself (for instance, scrape a website).

Regarding the historical trade conditions, how do I get these? I'm using the ReqHistoryTickTimeframe function via the IHistoryLookup4 interface in the COM API, and I don't see condition codes in the response.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 09:07 AM          Msg. 4 of 7
Hello Uktrader,

Sorry for the delay, here is the link that I found that has some first notice data that you could scrape and we will certainly consider that for an enhancement to fundamental data in the future.

http://iqfeed.net/symbolguide/display.cfm?eight=0800A979.cfm&six=06000429&title=DTN%20-%20SEPTEMBER%20NOTICE%20DAYS

As to the trade conditions, that is something that was made available in our newer protocols. Please make sure you are setting your protocol to 5.1 before making your tick requests and I think you should see them then.

Tim

uktrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 09:09 AM          Msg. 5 of 7
Thanks.

I am setting my protocol to 5.1 but I'm still not seeing them. I did notice that the protocol reported on the request data back is 5.0, not 5.1 as I expected after my call to change the version. Am I doing something wrong?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 09:31 AM          Msg. 6 of 7
It seems odd that you would not get back the requested protocol, but let me validate things here real quick. In the meantime could you send me a log via email so I can see if anything jumps out at me? It should be in My Docs\DTN\IQFeed\IQConnectLog.txt

Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 09:37 AM          Msg. 7 of 7
Disregard the log request, I was able to replicate this, so I need to figure out what happened. I will email you shortly.

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 4:01 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003