Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Receiving no data on request that I am pretty sure is correct.
Author Topic: Receiving no data on request that I am pretty sure is correct. (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

eadains
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 11:50 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
So my request message is this:

HIT,AAPL,60,20170216 174758,20160217 174758,,,,1

However, I get a response message saying !NO_DATA!
Am I getting something wrong with the formating?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 11:57 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Hello, Welcome to the forums. It looks like some of your parameters are out of order.

If you check this page, it has all of the details, or just drop into developer chat and I would be happy to explain it more in depth.

http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/HistoricalviaTCPIP.cfm

Tim

eadains
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 12:11 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
Alright, so I have to pay 360 dollars to access the API documentation on top of the monthly fee I already pay to get the data itself? That seems absurd.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 01:02 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
We provide a professional level of service to our customers as you see by the fast response to your inquiry. It appears you have already tried to hack your way toward using IQFeed in your application, which may be good enough for some of our users. There is no additional cost to doing this other than time and frustration. The level of support we provide to developers is unmatched and is provided for those who can't afford for their software to stop working because they took shortcuts or weren't aware of changes made to the API that could break their code. The API service includes full documentation, sample code, direct support from our development team, notification of changes, and access to pre-production systems or beta versions to allow you time to test your software before we release to the general public. At $360 per year, this should be one of the smallest investments you can make into your trading system.

There is cheap and free data out there. Many have come and gone over the years because they either provided poor service or had a bad financial model. Providing quality service is neither cheap nor easy.

We would love the opportunity to serve your needs and help ensure you have a trading system that will be operational for years to come.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 3:25 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003