Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »All ticks Historical data requests seldom work
Author Topic: All ticks Historical data requests seldom work (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

fatdan
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 05:16 PM          Msg. 1 of 10
Hi Guys,

I am finding it very difficult to reliably pull historical data.
I am using my own integration, however the exact same behaviour is exhibited in your sample apps also.

If I request 500 (or less) ticks of data, it works 100% of the time.
If I request 0 tick of data (all), it almost never works (worked for about a 2 hour period - twice)
If I request 1000 ticks, it is the same as requesting 0 (all) ticks. In behaviour that is.

I am changing the default sort order of the data.
I am using the symbol as the RequestID

So an example request would be:

HTX,QCLG18,0,1,QCLG18

I have also tried days (10)
HTD,QCLG18,10,,,,1,QCLG18

Right at the start I was almost always receiving some data, often very delayed between chunks (30 seconds to several minutes)

Now, I don't even get a response from the servers. No data - as if the request was never sent/processed.

When it works (it has not for 2 days now) the data screams down say (1-3 MB per second)

Over the last few days I have mainly tried to pull tick data for QCLG18 so you should be able to see the request hopefully :)

Cheers

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 10:50 PM          Msg. 2 of 10
Good evening,

I was looking for your account and could not track it down, could you send that over to the developer support email address please. Or, you can just submit one via this link.

Thanks,
Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 10:02 AM          Msg. 3 of 10
Just realized I didn't get the link pasted in before, here it is.

-deleted-

Tim
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Jan 7, 2018 at 08:40 PM

ericd
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 09:13 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
Sorry this isn't much help but I have a custom solution as well that seems to pull in data just fine. I don't have access to QCLG18 though so it may be related to the symbol. Have you tried WireShark and looked at the packets? Do any other symbols work? Could it be a firewall issue?

Cheers,
Eric

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 06:29 AM          Msg. 5 of 10
Please keep in mind you will need to have Delayed or Real Time NYMEX on your IQ account to be able to see data on Crude Oil contracts.

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support
Email: support@iqfeed.net

aallre
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 02:00 PM          Msg. 6 of 10
I am also having trouble acquiring any quotes - either outright failed message or an attempting to update message with no change.

My configuration is out of the box IQ Feed using Capflow32.
It has worked for literally years without fail
My subscription is for delayed quotes for equities and futures.

How to begin to resolve?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 02:06 PM          Msg. 7 of 10
Do you have an example of the requests you are making and the failed message you received?

Tim

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 08:43 PM          Msg. 8 of 10
It would be great if users could pull down historical tick data in ZIP files instead so we have a CRC check to confirm we got everything. Transfer could be simpler and faster. I might groups ticks by first letter of the symbol, listing exchange and trade date. So if you want AAPL today you'd just request A-NASDAQ-2018-01-20.zip.

BlackSheep
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 09:19 AM          Msg. 9 of 10
Did you ever figure this out?

I am having a similar problem. I am unable to request HTT data from before October 2017. Data after then works fine.
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 25, 2018 at 07:57 PM

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 01:27 PM          Msg. 10 of 10
Good morning,

IQFeed only maintains 6 months of tick data, so that would be normal.

Pulling history via a file download is not a part of the IQFeed offering currently. We have entered your request and I know product watches these closely to determine our roadmap, but at this time, I don't believe there has been enough interest in this for it to supersede the current plans remaining for this year.

For extended tick history or a file based delivery, we do have other options that might work for you. If you call in on Monday and ask for Jerry Chandler, I believe he can get you all of the relevant details.

Tim

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 7:41 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003