Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »IQFeed Developer »IQFeed Developer Support »Consuming IQFeed APIs via C++ on Linux
Author Topic: Consuming IQFeed APIs via C++ on Linux (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Jaro1337
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 09:51 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hi,

There are very few posts here about anything Linux related and I haven't seen anything relating specifically to using C++ under Linux to consume the IQFeed APIs.

The sample C++ code that can be downloaded from http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api.cfm is for Windows (plus I actually had to install MFC support and Windows XP support to my Visual Studio 2017). The page doesn't mention anything about target operating systems but I guess that Windows is silently assumed.

I have seen one other thread where someone mentioned that people use WINE to run the Windows IQFeed binary on Linux. That doesn't seem to be ideal. Does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 09:57 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Not sure what other users have done, but yes, the only way I have seen to run our application on Linux is with a Wine solution, but if anyone has another I would be happy to hear it as well.

Tim

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 11:14 AM          Msg. 3 of 3
Apologies for the late reply; I've been on vacation.

I've been running IQFeed with Wine on Linux for years. Only once (back in 2015) have I had a significant problem, and Tim worked closely with me to solve it.

Time: Tue October 23, 2018 6:03 PM CFBB v1.2.0 31 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003