Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Historical data requests in 64-bit VBA
Author Topic: Historical data requests in 64-bit VBA (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 09:13 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
Hello,

About a year ago I posted about retrieving historical data in VBA. At the time, some upgrades needed to happen to the client before it would work, but the bigger issue was that it was only 32-bit compatible. Is it now possible to do it in Excel 2010 64-bit?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 09:28 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
Unfortunately our COM interfaces are only available via 32bit binaries which makes them inaccessible to 64bit applications. COM is the only way to get the data into VBA natively.

Alternatively, you can use sockets to communicate with IQFeed across the 32bit/64bit application boundries but socket libraries/implementations for VBA are pretty few and far between.

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 09:58 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
Thanks Steve. Bummer. Any plans to introduce some 64bit COM interfaces?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 10:00 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
None at this time.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 12:40 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
The latest beta we posted yesterday should allow you to use our COM interfaces within 64bit applications.

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 12:42 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
That's great, thanks for letting me know. I'll give it whirl later and see how it goes.

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 07:36 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
I never did get around to this and now I've forgotten how to even begin. Is there an example somewhere showing VBA and historical data pulls? Thanks.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 05:36 AM          Msg. 8 of 8
Good morning,

I don't have anything VBA based unfortunately. I am sorry.

We have moved farther away from COM since the earlier posts. while it is there for backwards compatibility, we are not doing adding any new COM functionality. Based on this I would try to stick to the socket code outlined in the current documentation.

Tim

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 7:45 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003