Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »No Time-stamps/Disconnected
Author Topic: No Time-stamps/Disconnected (21 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 03:07 PM          Msg. 1 of 21
At about 8:13 EST today I had a problem which I've seen before.
I get a SERVER DISCONNECTED message, 5 minutes later my application detects that time-stamp messages have stopped and tries to re-connect. The application re-connects locally, but always gets SERVER DISCONNECTED on re-connection, and no time-stamp messages.
This continues until IQFeed is restarted.

The pattern seems to be that IQFeed gets disconnected from it's server, most of the time it's able to re-connect, but sometimes something goes wrong and it's toast until a re-start. I try to re-connect locally, but the lack of time-stamp messages seems to indicate things have gone south.

Does IQFeed create any logs which may help to diagnose the problem, any advice in general?

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 01:49 PM          Msg. 2 of 21
It's currently doing the same thing on my account right now if anybody is interested.
Disconnected at 11:34:53.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 01:56 PM          Msg. 3 of 21
Tried a different track this time, instead of stopping and starting IQFeed I went to the IQQuoteWatch application, which was working. When I looked at the logs of my other apps they had all magically reconnected and started working. So it seems the IQQuoteWatch connection got it working again.

Edited by Craig on Apr 30, 2014 at 01:57 PM

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 02:07 PM          Msg. 4 of 21
Craig, there was a network issue with Level 3 near our datacenters (not affecting us directly but affecting network connections coming into our datacenters that go through that hop)around that time today which caused some customers to be unable to maintain connection to our servers. Our logs show that you did get connected long enough to at least authenticate ~20 times today since ~11:36 which indicates that IQConnect was at least trying to connect like it should have been during the outage. Not long before your post, we got a notification that Level3 had replaced some faulty hardware and the hop should have been working again.

As a result, I'm not sure if this is exactly the same issue you reported previously but it is at the very least more information for us to go on in terms of trying to track the issue down.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 02:10 PM          Msg. 5 of 21
What should one do with a SERVER DISCONNECTED message?
Do I sit there and wait for IQFeed to reconnect or do I initiate a new physical connection?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 02:22 PM          Msg. 6 of 21
You should not need to do anything (unless you told the feed to disconnect). IQConnect is designed to automatically reconnect to the servers as soon as possible and re-watch any symbols you were previously watching.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 02:52 PM          Msg. 7 of 21
Ok, will monitor the situation.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 7, 2014 01:47 PM          Msg. 8 of 21
Any updates on this?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 7, 2014 01:49 PM          Msg. 9 of 21
Hello Craig,

This was fixed prior to Steve's post I think, were you still having issues?

Tim

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 7, 2014 02:36 PM          Msg. 10 of 21
Hi Tim,
No more issues.
I was referring to the post above "As a result, I'm not sure if this is exactly the same issue you reported previously but it is at the very least more information for us to go on in terms of trying to track the issue down."

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 7, 2014 02:44 PM          Msg. 11 of 21
Understood, no other issues were reported that day, so I think it is safe to assume the issue was with the hardware between our locations. It could have possibly been a more localized ISP issue, but that seems unlikely given the time of the problem and the time of resolution matching up to that of the reported time frame for the Level 3 outage.

Tim

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 7, 2014 03:10 PM          Msg. 12 of 21
Cool, Ta.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 16, 2014 01:53 PM          Msg. 13 of 21
At approximately 13:00 today, I stopped receiving timestamps.
My application re-connected to IQFeed a number of times, but to no avail, on each re-connect there where no timestamps. I restarted IQFeed and everything started working.
Did something else happen today?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 16, 2014 02:06 PM          Msg. 14 of 21
Very quiet today actually, I only show 2 login attempts that reached us today for your ID and both succeeded.

At 12:54:47 I show you reconnected to us
and at
14:47:14 it appears that was where you restarted the software. As to the why, I do not know, since none of the other attempts made it through the cloud to our servers I have no logs to help me explain it and the restart would have cleared any logging that might have been being done on your end.

Tim

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 16, 2014 02:09 PM          Msg. 15 of 21
What should I do next time to help diagnose the problem?

(Interesting you saw no log-ins, my application tried to log in numerous times, each time I got the start up messages, just no subsequent time stamps).
Edited by Craig on May 16, 2014 at 02:20 PM

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 16, 2014 02:19 PM          Msg. 16 of 21
I would probably start with your ISP, just given that the signal is not reaching us. Since it is being held up somewhere between you and I they will probably be able to help with that more than us.

You could try contacting our service department though the next time it occurs and they may be able to walk you through some of the troubleshooting steps they use regularly.

Tim

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 16, 2014 02:21 PM          Msg. 17 of 21
Sorry, I think we posted past each other.
So the IP,CUST,KEYOK etc messages don't come from your server?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 16, 2014 02:45 PM          Msg. 18 of 21
That could be coming from the IQConnect App instead of the actual servers, but you could enable logging of the admin in the diagnostics app. If that is turned on, we could verify that the data has actually stopped and the connect method is being called as expected.

Tim

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 16, 2014 02:48 PM          Msg. 19 of 21
Ok, will do.

fixDTN
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 11:47 AM          Msg. 20 of 21
So it looks like this is caused by a version compatibility issue or a network problem at DTN.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 01:33 PM          Msg. 21 of 21
I am sorry you are having issues, I have replied in your original thread and sent emails in regards to this matter, but given that your issue is unrelated to these posts, (Craig's issue was resolved to my knowledge with a fix in 5.1.3.1), I will be using email primarily going forward. We can report any new issues found in a separate thread so that it is less confusing to others that might benefit from what we find.

Tim

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 2:49 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003